Part fifteen

The third week of February rolled around and Slytherin was playing against Ravenclaw in the inter-house Quidditch cup. All around the school were students dressed in either green or blue, cheering and making bets on which team that was going to win. Draco seemed to be exceptionally gloomy, she watched him from her place at the Gryffindor breakfast table. He was sitting at the Slytherin table, head in his left hand as he pushed around eggs on his plate with his fork. He looked up and caught her looking, and she offered him a compassionate smile, however he didn't smile back.

After breakfast she walked back to the Gryffindor common room to get dressed in warmer clothes alongside her friends, but she stopped right outside of the girls dormitory.

"Actually guys, I'm gonna stay behind, I have a lot of homework to catch up on"

"Are you sure Ellie?" Ron asked, looking at her.

"Positive, but have fun, I'll see you later"

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville and Ginny walked out of the common room and she stayed behind, sitting down in front of the fireplace. After a while, when she knew they weren't coming back, she got up and got her jacket, her boots and a scarf before she left her common room and headed down towards the dungeons. She knew all the Slytherin students would be at the game now, but she was almost sure that he wasn't.

"Draco?" she called out, hiding behind a corner "Draco?"

No answer. Not that she had expected him to hear her through a stone wall. She sighed as she slid down against the cold floor, waiting for him to walk by, or any Slytherin student that could get him for her for that matter.

A few minutes passed before the passage to the Slytherin common room opened, and she looked up as the blonde boy she had been searching for appeared before her, dressed in all black as usual.

"Ellie?" he questioned, surprised to see her.

"It's quite cold down here around the Slytherin lair" she shrugged, looking up at him.

"Not all of us live in a tower Gryffindor girl" he said, reaching his hand out to her "but I happen to like the dungeons, I find them quite... alluring in many ways"

"Good for you" she hummed as she took his hand and hauled herself up from the floor.

"What are you doing here? Why aren't you at the match?" he asked as she brushed off her pants.

"I didn't feel like going, my favourite player isn't on the field"

For the first time today he smiled, ever so slightly.

"Yeah well your favourite player is quite the idiot" he muttered, looking at his feet.

"No, not all the time" she teased, laying a supportive hand on his upper arm "he's alright"

"What are you doing here Ellie?" he asked, looking around the dark and cold hallway.

"I was looking for you"

He looked taken aback for a moment, and he pushed his lips together as he gazed down at her.

"You were looking for me? Why?"

"Well I figured you would be in a bad mood seeing as Slytherin is playing without you today, so I thought we could do something?" she suggested, shrugging her shoulders "to get your mind off of it you know, like a distraction"

"Oh, uhm yeah sure, that would be great actually" he said with a faint smile as he looked arounf the empty corridor "come with me"

He grabbed her hand and dragged her up to the passage for the Slytherin common room. He mumbled the password, still holding onto her hand. She felt jitters jolt through her body, and her heart banged so hard inside her ribcage that she thought it might explode.