Part nineteen

Don't look back in anger by Oasis was playing on the radio as they were sat on her bed. He sat sat up, leaning his back against the wall, and she was resting her head on his lap. She hummed quietly, bobbing her head from side to side as he twirled strands of her chocolate brown curls in between his thumb and index finger.

"So I start a revolution from my bed cause you said the brains I had went to my head, step outside, summertime's in bloom" she hummed as he looked down at her.

"What is this?"

"What? The song?" she questioned, furrowing her eyebrows "you don't know it? They play it on the radio all the time, it's quite popular"

"No Ellie, it's a muggle song" he said, shaking his head "I've never heard it before, I mean I only listen to the radio we get in the wizarding world"

"Well do you like it?" she asked, smiling at him.

"I suppose" he shrugged, looking down at her "it's quite catchy"

"I know" she laughed "I like it"

She continued to hum as he watched her with adoration. The sun was shining high in the sky outside of her window, and the breeze made the leaves that adorned the trees shake.

"Stand up beside the fireplace, take that look from off your face, you ain't ever gonna burn my heart out" she sang as he laughed with joy.

Then he suddenly got a more serious look upon his face, and he looked away like he was thinking about something.

"Hey" she said, reaching her hand up to turn his head back towards her "what's wrong?"

"Nothing" he was quick to say, tracing his thumb over her hand "nothing is wrong, that line just made me think"

"About what?"

"You ain't ever gonna burn my heart out..." he trailed, looking down at her "you could never burn my heart out, but I might burn yours"

"No you won't Draco"

"Touch me and I'll burn you Ellie"

"Well it's handy that I'm into healing magic then" she said, stroking his cheek "so I'll take my chances, I do know how to treat a burn"'

He relaxed a bit, laughing as he shook his head. It made her laugh, and the radio kept playing popular music, muggle music as he would call it.

Later in the day the two of them took a walk around Hillingdon, and she showed him everything from her childhood. Her old school, her kindergarten, the park where her and her sister used to play, her favorite shop and some hidden gems.

And when they sat around the dinner table later that evening, eating her mother's roast dinner, Rebecka couldn't stop laughing at every joke Draco made.

"This is delicious mrs Ember" he said, complementing the food.

"Thank you Draco" her mother smiled sweetly at him.

"Draco?" Rebecka asked, looking at him with curious eyes.

"Yes Rebecka?"

"Would you like to play exploding snap with me after dinner?"

"Of course Rebecka" he smiled, taking another bite of his food "I would love too"

So after dinner, when her mother made everyone a cup of tea and her father sat down in front of the television, Rebecka skipped up the stairs to her room to go and get her deck of exploding cards. Rebecka and Draco played two rounds, and Rebecka asked her if she wanted to join in but she declined politely, deciding to watch instead.