Part two

The fire was burning in the fireplace located in the center of the Gryffindor common room, and students sat around quietly laughing and exchanging notes for charms class. Harry was sat on a couch next to Ron and Hermione, looking as gloomy as ever.

"Hey" Ellie said as she walked passed them, giving the boy with the round spectacles a comforting smile.

"Hey Ellie" Hermione smiled "where are you going?"

"Oh I'm just gonna go and sit with Katie, you all look like you're discussing something important and I wouldn't want to bother you" she said politely, giving the group a smile before she began to rush off.

"Hey Ellie, it's fine, please come sit" Harry said, patting the spot on the couch next to him. She nodded her head and sat down next to the brown haired boy. He looked at her with a bewildered look upon his face.

"We need to do something about Umbridge don't you think?" Hermione asked her in a hushed matter "she's not teaching us what we need to know in order to... fight him, survive him even"

"She's definitely not giving us a fair chance" Ellie sighed, glancing over att Harry, Ron and Hermione. She knew exactly who they meant, who they might need to fight and survive against.

"Meet us at Hog's Head tomorrow, spread the word, we need to do something" Hermione said, her voice assertive and strong.

"Hermione we can't" Harry said, shaking his head.

"Yes Harry, we must, it'll be fine I promise"

The conversation died down, leaving the four of them sitting around the fire in silence.

The next day she woke up in her bed surrounded by bright reds and shiny golds, slowly stretching her arms up in the air as she looked around the girls dormitory. The sky outside of her window looked cloudy and grey. October 1st.

She met Harry, Ron and Hermione at Hog's Head, just as she was told yesterday. She brought Katie Bell, Padma and Parvati Patil and Sally Anne Perks with her. As she entered the the cold, worn out pub she realized that quite a lot of students from both Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw had shown up. She saw Luna Lovegood, Ginny Weasley, Cho Chang, Ernie McMillan, Susan Bones, Hannah Abbot, Dean Thomas, Seamus Finnigan, Justin Finch-Fletchley and the Weasley twins sitting amongst many others.

Hermione began speaking, leaving the room with quiet mumbles as everyone took in the information. Some seemed skeptical of Harry's claims, of you know who being back, but she believed him, and if he says that we need to learn how to protect ourselves than he must be right.

"Facing this stuff in real life is not like school, in school if you make a mistake you can just try again tomorrow, but out there when you're a second away from being murdered or watching a friend die right before your eyes, you don't know what that's like"

She glanced at the long list of names as she signed up for defense against the dark arts classes by Harry. Amanda Brooks, Hannah Abott, Tamsin Applebee, Mary Jones, Peter Jones, Terry Boot, Maisie Cattermole, Cho Chang, Luna Lovegood, Seamus Finnigan, Angelina Johnson, Lee Jordan, George Weasley, Fred Weasley, Alicia Spinnet, Ernie McMillan, Dean Thomas, Lisa Turpin...

Behind her stood Katie Bell, Susan Bones, Lavender Brown and Mandy Brocklehurst ready to sign up.

"Alright" Hermione breathed, looking at Harry with a pleased smile "alright"

"Alright Dumbledore's army"

....

October mornings turned into rainy October afternoons, leaving the hills foggy and the Quidditch pitch with wet grass and cold winds. Some days were clearer than others, allowing for some rays of sun and nice walks along the many trees with reddening leaves on the school ground.