Part three

The sun shone over the castle on October 31st, all hallow's eve. Harry was in a particularly bad mood, barely talking to anyone. She knew why, and she let him have this day to himself to grieve his mother and father. Ron brought him some sweets and sat with him in the boys dormitory, and Hermione decided to head to the library with Parvati.

"Phoenix tears are symbolic of the healing power of love"

She sat outside on a stone bench, enjoying the sun with closed eyes as it danced over her face, warming her cheeks, when she heard his voice once again. This was now becoming a daily thing, much to her dismay. She opened her eyes and looked around as she saw the blonde boy walking towards her, dressed in all black except from his silver and green Slytherin scarf. It was tied neatly around his neck, falling perfectly against his chest.

"What?" she called out to him, unsure what he was speaking about.

"Phoenix tears, they hold such powerful healing abilities because of their connection to love, I looked it up after you told me you didn't have the answer"

He stopped infront of her, gazing down at her with his bright eyes.

"The book said that anyone who has feelings deep enough to shed a tear still has the ability to love"

"Oh" she mumbled, looking up at the boy "alright, thanks for the information"

He looked at her, his eyebrows furrowed slightly. She was a Gryffindor, it was clear as day as she sat there infront of him with her red and golden colours. He always thought green and silver looked way better, but suddenly he didn't feel such hatred against the red and golden colours as he usually do, on the contrary he thought the colours suited her slightly olive skin quite well.

"Is there a reason why you are here staring at me Malfoy?" she questioned, crossing her arms over her chest as she looked at him.

"Don't flatter yourself, I'm hardly staring" he muttered, rolling his eyes towards her.

"Fine, then I'll see you later" she said, getting up to walk away.

He watched as she walked off, taking short steps in the opposite direction of the Hogwarts castle. He would've expected her to head back towards her common room.

"Wait, where are you going?" he called out after her.

She turned around and looked at him for a split second, a small smile upon her lips.

"I'm going on a walk"

"A walk?" he questioned, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Yes a walk" she said, laughing slightly "that's not weird, that's a normal thing that normal people do Malfoy, and I might as well enjoy the sun for as long as I can, who knows if it will start snowing tomorrow"

He suddenly looked puzzled, like he had just realized that she could be right.

"Do you think it will? Snow tomorrow I mean"

"I don't know, it might" she answered, shrugging her shoulders.

"Well then I'm also going for a walk" he said with certainty.

"You're going for a walk?" she questioned, putting her hands up to her sides.

"Yes, it's a normal thing that normal people do Ember" he mocked.

He started to walk, catching up with her without looking at her. She gazed at him as he passed her by, her hands still resting on her hips.

"You're hardly normal Malfoy" she scoffed, causing him to stop and look at her.