Part fifty

The days in the cold manor passed slowly. He kept to himself, not wanting to conversate with the death eaters that wandered around his childhood home. He was one of them, his left arm proved that... however he felt nothing like them at all.

He dreamed of her during his nights and he thought about her during the days, she was on his mind constantly. He longed for her warm embrace and soft laugh, and he longed for her breath on his pale neck.

"Draco, come here boy!" his father called out from downstairs.

He got up from the armchair he was sitting in, letting his eyes wander from the window he had been staring aimlessly out of. He quickly walked down the stairs, making his way into the large dining room where he saw the table filled with people dressed in dark colours.

"Yes father?"

"Have a seat Draco, join us" Lord Voldemort spoke, looking at the pale boy. He nodded his head, and quickly took a seat by his mother and father.

"Now that the boy is here please tell us my lord, what are we gathered for?" Bellatrix spoke, her high pitched voice ringing through the room "what genius plan have you got?"

The manic witch's love for the dark lord seemed rather obsessive to him, and he could not understand his aunt's reasons to worship the dark wizard.

"The Potter boy was seen in Ottery St Catchpole, at the Lovegood residence, however he managed to escape, the next time the boy appears we need to capture him" Voldemort spoke "Wilkes any word from the snatchers?"

"No my lord" the man dressed in black answered, shaking his head.

"Lucius, any word from the ministry about the boy's whereabouts?" Voldemort asked, turning to face the exhausting looking Lucius Malfoy.

"No my lord, no word from the ministry"

"Is that so" Voldemort spoke quietly, dragging his long fingers along the wooden table "no word you say"

"Not yet my lord" Lucius spoke.

A silence filled the room, and he looked between the chandelier that hung above the long table and his pale hands. The dark lord circled the table, dragging his fingertips along the wooden chairs. 

"Draco" Voldemort said as he walked back to his chair, causing the young boy to look up "you tell me my boy, any word about Potter at your school?"

"N-no my lord" he mumbled quietly, glancing up at him quickly.

"Not one single little word?" Voldemort asked, sitting down as he stared at Draco "no one is speaking about him? Not even a rumor as to his whereabouts?"

"No my lord, I haven't heard anything" he said, fiddling with his fingers.

"Hmm" Voldemort huffed, bringing his wand up "I believe someone must have spoken about the Potter boy, surely he would want to return to his beloved school... perhaps you need a little persuasion my boy? Perhaps we should make a visit to that beloved girl of yours? The mudblood you have been seeing behind your mother and father's backs"

Bellatrix laughed loudly, and her malicious laugh echoed through the large room. He was taken aback, and he felt his heart beat so hard inside his chest that he thought it might just break through his ribcage. He felt his father's stern glare upon him, and his mother grab his hand quickly. 

"N-no I..." he trailed weakly, fright clear in his grey eyes "leave her alone, I beg of you, she has nothing to do with this"

"Draco my son, what is our lord speaking about? What mudblood girl?" his father whispered to him.

"Father please, she has done nothing" he whispered back, squeezing his mother's hand tightly. 

His father sat up straighter, brushing his long silvery hair out of his face before he turned to the dark lord who was staring upon the slowly withering family with amuse in his dark eyes. 

"My lord I assure you that no son of mine holds a mudblood beloved to his heart, we raised him right and if he is associated with those kind of people it is purely for your benefit" Lucius spoke, laying his hands on the table "Draco is a smart boy my lord, surely he is only luring their sort into a trap of some sort"

"So be it Lucius" Voldemort spoke, standing up "tell me if your smart boy hears anything from that school"

The dark lord turned around and disappeared out of the dining room with quick steps. Behind him followed Bellatrix, and he could hear his aunt's haunting laugh even after she was gone out of the room. The rest of the death eaters dressed in black and dark grey left the room, slowly scrambling and dragging their feet. 

Suddenly the large dining room was empty besides him and his parents. His mother rubbed circles onto his hand with her thumb and his father glared at him with anger burning in his eyes.

"Draco, come on" he said, standing up and beginning to walk off "follow me"

Him and his mother got up, quickly following his father as he walked through the dark house. They made their way up the stairs to his parent's bedroom, and Lucius closed the door behind them.

"Speak boy" his father spat "what is this nonsense about an unpure witch and you?"

"I-I... well" he trailed, looking between his angry father and his feet "see it's... uhm..."

"Cat got your tongue boy? Speak!" his father demanded, causing him to take a step back.

"Father I..."

"Lucius" his mother said, stepping in front of her son "calm yourself please"

He watched as his father took a deep breath, pushing his pale lips together. Narcissa walked over to her husband, stroking his cheek to relax him further more.