Part twentytwo

He kissed her for the first time by the shore of the black lake. It was a warm day in the end of May and he had longed for it for days, ever since he had let her know how he was feeling. He would've kissed her that night on the top of the astronomy tower, but he couldn't muster up the courage to do so. He needed a few days to let himself feel, and then he ran up to her, slipping a note into her pocket.

An hour later she met him by the lake, holding the note in her hand.

"You wanted to see me?"

"Yes, most definitely" he nodded, smiling at her "I need to see you"

He had grabbed her hand, and he had pulled her in, smelling her flowery perfume and sweet shampoo. He had ran his fingertips along her brown curls as she began to blush, and he had traced the curves of her cheekbones before he slipped his hands down to cup her cheeks. Then he kissed her, and it was sweet and everything he had imagined kissing her to be.

Since that moment he had been drawn in, possessed by the thought of her lips against his. Every moment he got he stole her away from the world surrounding them to kiss her once more. He pulled her behind suits of armor to hide them away, he kissed her amongst the dusty bookshelves in the very back of the library, they hid in the shadows in the dungeon and underneath the stars at the top of the astronomy tower. Never in his life had he soared higher than he did in these sweet moments of pure bliss.

An early June afternoon he found himself walking back from Hogsmeade with his friends, with his pockets filled with sweets that he had bought for her. He could not visit Honeydukes without getting her a gift, all he could think about was her.

"What are you up to now?" she asked with a faint laugh as he pulled her into a dusty dark abandoned classroom.

"Nothing" he said, throwing his hands up in defense "I just wanted to give you these"

He handed her the sweets, chocolates and colourful beans in a fun packaging. She beamed a bright smile towards him as she took the gift from him.

"My favourites, thank you Draco"

"You're welcome my darling"

Then he kissed her once more, cause he could not seem to get enough.

....

The exams were in full swing, and no matter how greatly she felt like she had prepared, some questions still managed to take her by surprise. The first week in June is always the most stressful of the year.

"How do you think you did? I mean if you can take a guess yourself at the results" she asked Draco one sunny day as they walked along the lake.

"Good, excellent even if I do say so myself" he answered with a smile upon his pale lips "what about you?"

"Alright I hope" she shrugged.

"I'm sure you did good Ellie"

She knew of his intelligence, and she was sure that he had done great. When it came to herself she wasn't as sure, she only hoped her scores would be enough.

A week passed before they found out the results, and Draco had gotten the second highest scores in their grade, only a few points behind Hermione who had gotten a perfect one hundred precent. She ended up somewhere in the middle, about average in most classes except charms, potions and herbology where she managed to score a few extra points on some questions.

"You did good Ellie" he said as they walked along the stone corridors of the school.

"Not as good as you, I mean you got almost a perfect score" she sighed.