Part seven

She walked along the chilly stone corridors of the castle when she spotted him, the pale Slytherin boy a few feet in front of her. He was walking down the corridor with his shoulders slumped, staring at his feet.

"Malfoy!" she called out as she hurried towards him "Malfoy wait up!"

He didn't answer, so she grabbed his shoulder and stopped him. He looked up at her with wandering eyes.

"Malfoy" she said as she stepped in front of him.

"I don't want to talk to you right now" he muttered, looking away.

"I know what you did"

She heard him sigh, irritation building up in his bright eyes. He looked back at her, and his angry eyes sent shivers down her spine. Just looking at him made her blood boil.

"I told you that I don't want to talk to you right now" he spat, gritting his teeth.

"Well too bad" she said, stopping him as he tried to leave.

He sighed again, looking away once more. Students walked around them in the cold corridor with books pressed to their chests and different coloured scarfs wrapped around their necks. Almost every boy or girl that passed glared at the pair, some with curious eyes and some with disgusted frowns.

"Do you even realize what you have done Malfoy? How could you do this? How could you?" she bursted out, putting her hands to her hips "I can't believe you"

"Shut it" he sighed, looking around them before he grabbed her arm and dragged her off "not here, don't do this here"

She followed him to a small abandoned classroom to the far left. It had a large dusty bookshelf and desks stacked upon each other. It looked like the sun hadn't shone in through the room for ages. It was cold and dark, much like him in this very moment.

"What do you want?" he asked, glaring at her "why are you screaming at me?"

"I am hardly screaming at you Malfoy, I just can't believe you... or well of course I can, it is so you to do something like this, you are vile and pathetic I know that, I was foolish for thinking you could change"

"So casually cruel of you, calling me names I mean" he muttered, rolling his eyes.

"Oh my god" she sighed, dragging her hands along her face in frustration for a short moment before she continued to speak "I am only speaking the truth Malfoy, and you know it, this thing that you've done it's just... just so horrible"

"I haven't done anything" he spat, taking a step closer to her. He was now towering over her, glaring down with a stern look upon his face. He looked angry, and slightly disappointed.

"You haven't done anything? Nothing?" she said ironically as she stared up at him, refusing to back down "so that awful song about Ron? That wasn't you and your little posse? And the insults about the Weasley family? And the badges? None of that was you?"

He stood in silence for a moment, almost as if he was contemplating what to say next. She felt furious, foolish even to have ever believed the boy.

"Yeah that was me" he said after a while, a vile smile upon his lips "the melody and the words, all me, and the badges only took me a day to make, hundreds of them"