Part eleven

She sat in the car with her mother, father and little sister. The radio was on, playing Christmas songs on low volume. Her father drove along the London streets, her mother sat in the passenger side and her and her sister sat in the backseat. She sat quietly thinking about him, and Rebecka talked happily about everything that had happened at Hogwarts during the term. Her bubbly voice described classes in deep detail, and almost shouted about exciting Quidditch matches. She told her mother and father about the new things she had learned, and the snow that had fallen over the castle.

After forty minutes they were finally home in their two story house outside of London. The house looked warm and welcoming as always, snow coating the driveway and twinkling lights hung around the porch. In every window warm toned lights shone, and she felt so happy to be home. She loves Hogwarts, but it's nice to get to go back to her muggle life every now and then.

The family of four made their way inside, and their two cats came to greet them at the front door.

"Billy!" Rebecka shouted happily as she dropped her trunk in the hallway and grabbed the beige and white Siberian cat. She hugged Billy closely, and he snuggled up to her like he had missed her.

"Hello Quentin" she said as she kneeled down to pet the black and grey Maine Coon cat, he purred and licked her hand.

After a few minutes she hauled her trunk up the stairs towards her room, behind her was Rebecka and their father who was helping her. She got to the end up the staircase, and dragged her trunk over to the wooden door with a colourful sign that spelled out ELEONORA on it. Her mother had made it, and Rebecka had a matching one hung on her door too.

The walls on the second floor consisted of lots of family photos, the four of them in front of a tall green Christmas tree, young Ellie and Rebecka playing in the sand on a beach, a family tip to Brighton. Lots of fantastic memories, the pictures never failed to bring a smile to her lips.

Later that night the family had dinner together, and then she took a bath before she headed to bed. She felt tired from traveling, and all the lugging around of her heavy trunk. As she laid in her bed, twisting and turning, she found herself unable to fall asleep. All she could seem to think about was him, and the fact that he had asked her to write to him.

After another few minutes of rolling around in her bed, wide awake, she decided to give writing a try. She got up and tiptoed out of her room and down the stairs to her jacket that was hung in the hall.

"Ellie is that you?" her mother called out from the living room where she was sat watching television with Ellie's father. They both held a cup of tea in their hands, she saw them as she glanced into the room.

"Yes, I'm just getting a glass of water" she said, grabbing the note Draco had given her from her jacket before she walked into the kitchen and gulped down a half glass of water, spilling the other half out in the sink "goodnight now"

"Goodnight darling"

She walked up the stairs again, and slipped into her room, gently closing her wooden door behind her. Then she sat down at her desk, and grabbed a piece of paper and a pen. She firstly wrote to Hermione, a short but informative letter about her arrival back home. Hermione's childhood home in Hampstead Garden isn't that far away from hers, but she knew Hermione would be at Sirius's place anyways.

After she had written the letter to Hermione and signed it with her name, she folded it and put it into a envelope to send away in the morning. She knew Hermione would be quick to write back, she always is.

She got another piece of paper out, and sat at her desk staring at it for a moment. She wanted to write to Draco, but she had no clue where to start, she had never written a letter to him before.