Part fiftyfour

The shell cottage, a lonely and beautiful place along the shore of the outskirts of Tinsworth. A safehouse that smelled of Sea lavender, a small home standing alone on a cliff overlooking the blue sea. She could see where it got it's name from, the house had it's whitewashed walls embedded with shells, and all along the shore of the sea laid small washed up shells. Inside of the home she could hear the constant ebb and flow of the sea.

Bill and Fleur Weasley greeted them as they got to their cottage, and inside sat Luna and mr Ollivander sipping on a cup of tea. Luna ate a piece of heavily buttered bread, and she looked like she was starving.

She needed a moment to breathe, so she excused her self. She walked along the shoreline of the sea, gazing out at the horizon. The view of the sky from the top of the cliff was spectacular, but it was even better down along the shore and she felt the cold and salty wind on her face as she walked through the soft sand. She thought about him as she looked to the sea.

"You're thinking about him aren't you?"

She turned around, surprised the heard the voice of her best friend. She hadn't noticed Hermione following her.

"I'm trying not to" she sighed, gazing at Hermione.

"It's okay Ellie, I get it... he's your husband or whatever" Hermione said, fiddling with her fingers "or well I don't exactly get it, I mean Malfoy's not great in my eyes but I can still somewhat relate"

"You can?" she asked.

"Yes" Hermione said, walking over to her "I mean I would not be able to stop thinking about Ron if I had been forced to leave him behind in a dangerous situation"

"So you and Ron?"

"We're nothing really" Hermione laughed as they started to walk next to each other in the sand.

"But you wish you two were..." she trailed, looking at her best friend.

"Together? Some days yes" Hermione mumbled, fiddling with her fingers yet again "most days actually"

"You two would be cute together" she laughed, feeling the wind hit her cheeks.

"You know Ron left... uhm for a while, he was feeling lost I suppose" Hermione said, gazing out at the sea "and I felt like how I imagine you're feeling right now and it was awful, but Ron came back and I'm sure Draco will too"

"I hope so" she sighed, looking down at her feet.

"Tell me about him" Hermione said, grabbing her and "tell me all the things that you like about him"

The two girls sat down in the soft sand, gazing out at the horizon before them. Hermione held onto her hand, comforting her as best she could.

"Well Draco is sweet and caring, behind all those layers of great bigotry and arrogance he shields himself with he's actually a really nice guy"

"Is he funny?" Hermione asked, gazing at her.

"No not really" she laughed, thinking about him "he doesn't really have a great sense for humor... but he still makes me laugh"

"You know I thought Malfoy cared about no body but himself, but I was wrong... when he asked me to take you with us here, I saw how much he cared for someone else in his eyes" Hermione hummed, giving her a small smile "I saw how much he cared for you, it's a nice change for him"

"He's changed quite a lot in my eyes recently" she said quietly.

"I can imagine" Hermione said.

She gazed away from her best friend, and she felt the weight of the world land on her shoulders. Her mind felt twisted and broken, and her heart felt somewhat tainted. She wanted to be back in his arms, she wanted to hear his heart beat and she wanted to breathe him in.