Part twelve

Dear Draco, 
I hope you are well. I hope you had a nice Christmas, mine was all I could've wished for and more I would say. It snowed for the entirety of Christmas eve but we had a clear sunny sky for Christmas day. How has the weather been where you live? I suppose you have eaten about a dossin or more sugar cookies by now, I can only imagine how delicious and sweet they taste. Myself, I have been indulging in hot chocolate with cinnamon. And to think, another year over. Time really does pass us by quickly. 1995 is drawing closer to it's end, and as we go into 1996 I can only hope for it to be even better. This past year has been a quite good one for me personally, bringing about new friends and all, and I am wishing for another year with peace in both the muggle and wizarding world. I hope the new year brings about a chance for our friendship to grow, because I've come to realize that you are not as bad as I once thought, even for a Slytherin boy. That is also a joke Draco, my attempt at wittiness you see. However, as I sit here writing to you, I find myself quite contempt with beginning a new year.
I am looking forward to going back to Hogwarts, and to see you once again. 
By the way, I saw a shooting star the other night. Maybe that's a sign of something, but what do I know? It was a rather fantastic sight however.
Happy new year to you.
Best regards,
Ellie

She sent the letter off along with another response to Hermione, Harry and Ron. She had received short letters scribbled out by the red haired and brown haired boys, and she suspected Hermione to have forced them to write. But she was grateful, nonetheless. 

New year's eve was soon upon her, and she spent the last day of 1995 with her entire family, cousins an all. The house was quite busy, and it quickly filled with loud chatter as everyone was conversing and betting about how the new year will turn out. Politics and wishes were topics that bounced around. There was a big buffé table in the kitchen with enough food to feed her entire family times three, and drinks were flowing. She sat on the couch, dressed in a black dress and black tights, looking out at the dark sky outside of her living room window when she saw something fly by. Draco's owl.

She put her glass of pink lemonade down before she hurried up the staircase to her room, her brown curls dancing along her back as she ran. She quickly opened her wooden door and slipped into her room where she found a letter laying on her window sill. She opened the window and grabbed the envelope, shaking it slightly to get the snow off of it before she sat down by her desk and carefully ripped it open.

She recognized his neat handwriting, and the black ink he uses with his luxurious quill. 

Dear Ellie, 
Everything is quite well with me, I hope you are good too. My Christmas was excellent, we had two days of clear skies, perfect for walks in the garden. Regarding the sugar cookies, you will find yourself to be quite correct, I am eating another one as I am writing to you, so excuse me if I send you a few crumbs by accident. They are very delicious, and I will tell you that I have quite the sweet tooth. Anyways, a new year. I feel alright leaving 1995 behind me, and I do hope for the best in 1996. A lot of things have happened this past year, not much of importance if I do get to say so myself, however I did gain a new friend for which I am most grateful. I want you to be my friend as we go into this new year too Ellie, so please stick around.
You are right to wish for peace, and quite optimistic too. However I am bound to agree with you, I do also wish for peace, even if it may be a far fetched wish. History always seems to repeat itself somehow, even if we do not want it too. I suppose that comes with the curse and the blessing of being alive. However, the Slytherin boy sitting here writing to you finds your wittiness inspiring, for you are quite the funny Gryffindor girl, far best I've ever met. I am longing for Hogwarts, it will be nice to go back. I hope to see you on the train soon.
And by the way, I also saw a shooting star. It must've been the same night as you. I was sitting in my armchair by one of my tall windows, seeing as I could not seem to fall asleep, and I saw the star in question fall from the dark sky, right underneath the moon slightly to the left. Quite a spectacular sight, and maybe that is a sign of something? I know as little as you.