Part twentyone

May was upon them, and Slytherin played the fifth Quidditch game in the inter-house cup against Hufflepuff. She was stood in the Gryffindor stand, next to her friends, as they watched. They cheered for Hufflepuff, but secretly she wished for a green and silver win.

He was sat on his Nimbus 2001 broom, soaring high in the sky as he searched for the tiny golden snitch. Hufflepuff's seeker Summerby was hovering underneath him. The game was ongoing, and intense as the scores between the two houses were almost even, but she found herself hardly focusing on everyone that flew around the Quidditch pitch. Her eyes went to him, and she watched him as he swooshed by in his green and silver robes.

However, Hufflepuff ended up narrowly defeating Slytherin. And she pretended to be happy.

Later that night she met Draco at the top of the astronomy tower to look at the stars, and she rested her head on his shoulder as she listened to him speak about the day that had passed.

"I almost had the snitch, then that Summerby kid swooped in from underneath me and almost knocked me off my broom, stupid Hufflepuff"

"Calm down Draco" she laughed stroking his cheek "you barely lost, you did great, I was impressed by you"

"You're just saying that" he muttered.

"No Draco I mean it, I was honestly impressed by you today, I always am"

"Thank you Ellie"

A few similar nights passed, just the two of them underneath the stars up at the top of the tower. She was fascinated by the stars in the night sky, and he needed somewhere to breathe fresh air so they often sneaked out at midnight to meet in secret. Their nights usually ended in them running through the dark stone hallways hand in hand, hiding from Filch before he dropped her off with a simple goodbye outside of the Gryffindor common room. She usually hid behind a suit of armor as she watched him slip away into the dark night.

The sixth and last Quidditch match of the year gathered the school once more at the Quidditch pitch. It was a warm late May day and Gryffindor was playing against Ravenclaw. The Ravenclaw team walked onto the pitch led by their captain and chaser Roger Davies. Cho Chang, the team's seeker, was stood in the back holding onto her broom with a firm grip. Nothing had really been the same for her since the day the Dumbledore's Army got caught.

The Gryffindor team walked onto the Quidditch pitch, and she cheered loudly. The team captain and chaser Angelina Johnson led every player dressed in scarlet. Behind her came the chasers Alicia Spinnet and Katie Bell, and behind them came the keeper Ron and the beaters Andrew Kirke and Jack Sloper who had replaced the Weasley twins since their departure from the school.

After antagonizing Umbridge with pranks for weeks both Fred and George felt done with school, and decided that it was time for them to leave. Ginny had tried to convince them to stay, mentioning over and over again that they only had three months left and they should just stick them out. Convincing the twins to do something that they didn't want to do proved to be hopeless however, and in April, just before the Easter break they had announced that their future laid outside of the academic world. The school, especially the Gryffindor common room, echoed empty without them and their organized chaos.

Ginny Weasley was the last one to enter the Quidditch pitch. Harry had asked her to substitute for him as seeker, seeing as he hadn't been sleeping a lot during the last week. Something was going on with him, he looked distraught and restless all the time. He seemed consumed with thoughts and nightmares.

It was a nice day with bright sun and clear skies. The game was a interesting one, and she watched as the Ravenclaw chaser Roger Davies scored the first goal. Ron was quite excellent during the whole game, blocking quaffle after quaffle. Ginny and Cho, who were both brilliant seekers, raced for the snitch but Ginny managed to catch it in the end. She held it up proudly, and the whole Gryffindor stand erupted with loud cheers. They had just won the inter-house Quidditch cup.