Fairytale Beginnings

Fairytales are quite hard to imagine in a world of reality. Well, to put it simply, that was certainly not the case for this one particular family in Ekerö. As perfectly as you can expect it, that was the truth for the elder couple who had found themselves lucky with love once again. They were on track to live the happily ever after at last and it had evolved into a new start. Their story was still to see many things and it had all begun after the celebration of what would have been their 49th year of marriage.

It was quite the week, one which started with a proposal and two ring exchanges, and then ended in a road trip to another part of the country. Not so far for it to be a miserable drive, but one that totaled to be nearly three and a half hours. It had become normal for them to travel by car, and they had been used to it all their lives. The excitement with this trip however, was that it was a large family road trip, not one with the band like the olden days.

Västervik had been eventful, as expected. There were warm welcomings from not only Björn's daughter Anna, but also from the children who were thrilled to see one another all once again. Emma's family had arrived a few days earlier with her mother and spent the few days before everyone else had joined. Björn had participated in Vistfestivalen like usual and time with the family was just as lively as it always had been. They'd stayed until Lena and Hedvig's birthday, and by the next day Linda and her family were set to head back. Agnetha had gone with them as she felt she had duties at home and at the same time, Björn still felt he had his duties in Västervik.

The kitchen felt warm, and the summer breeze found its way in as the door opened. Ester had entered on her way back from the yard and had passed by Agnetha, whose eyes were excitedly to the door. Today she anticipated Björn's return, but it was delayed.

"Could you text your grandfather? See when he'll come." Her grandchild had obeyed as she took a bite of desert left aside and picked up Agnetha's phone from the table. She opened the messages to send a new one, and had seen the last recent text was from Björn the night before, much cheesier than she could have ever imagined her grandparents. Her nose scrunched. It had been a few minutes until Agnetha looked over her shoulder. She'd have done it herself but her hands were occupied with food and she thought Ester would be quicker.

"Well? Did he respond?"

"Is this how you and grandpa text?" she asked and turned the phone to show her. The last text was a response to his text, which told her he had missed being beside her after a long day.

"Ester, come on..."

"So cheesy," she commented. She took a selfie and sent it immediately with a little message that said, "Grandma is waiting."

The hour had passed on gently and the living room had suddenly sprung into life with motivation and ideas, and excitement. Agnetha had tried to calm the girls, but they couldn't any more. They were ecstatic and even their grandmother could no longer keep up with it. Her phone had rung and it distracted her from a very important gathering that had formed beneath her roof.

"You promised you wouldn't stay long," Agnetha spoke into the phone. She sat in the living room with their grandchildren and daughter Linda as they suddenly now felt thrilled about their plans.

"I promised I'd stay a day or two."

"And it's been two and a half."

"So it just carried away."

"Björn, I need you to hurry. It seems the girls have formed a committee and you need to be here."

"A committee... for?"

"You'll see when you get here." The phone call had ended on a very natural note a little later and her attention returned to the three siblings who took their duties very seriously.