2

*September 6th, 1994. DADA Classroom*

"Today we will be working on Hex-Deflections, anyone have a clue what that is?" Moody snapped, eyeing us all with his well...one eye.

Mione's hand went straight up in the air, itching for Moody to pick her. Of course, he didn't. Instead, he picked me and I was sitting right in front of her.

"It's literally in the name professor, I'm not stupid. Deflecting a hex," I yawned, leaning back into my chair. "Next time without the attitude," he growled.

"Deflecting a hex. Anyone know the main incantation?" His eye on me as he limps towards my table. "Salvio hexia, your highness," I say, pretending to bow down to him causing a few people to laugh.

He rolled his eye before going back to the class, explaining a bunch of nonsense. "You know, no one really gives Moody attitude," the kid next to me whispered, leaning on an arm.

I looked at him with confused eyes, "Guess I'm the first one then. I don't take shit from people especially from him," I snapped, pointing directly at him as I keep my eyes on my partner.

"I'll remember that," he chuckles, "Name's Leonardo, Leo for short." I smile at him as he extends his hand for me to shake, "Coraline, Lay for short," I replied shaking his hand.

I looked down at his tie, Hufflepuff. He caught me staring and a smirk grew on his face, "Like what you see?" I turn red at his comment before I shoved his shoulder, "Merlin, I was looking at your tie. Hufflepuff?" I asked, raising a brow at him.

"Yep. Expecting a handsome guy like me in Slytherin or something?" He chuckles as he questions me. "What? No no, you just don't give me Hufflepuff vibes," I reply.

He stares at me for a second longer before he laughs quietly, "I get that a lot. My mates think I should've been sorted into Gryffindor at least," He explained as he kept his eyes on moody.

"Interesting," I said, turning my focus back onto moody who was about to explain the task.

"Now, I want you all to get into pairs. One will cast a hex the other will deflect it then you may switch. No over the top hexes, basic one's will suffice," he explained. Just before that the class door opened and Malfoy walked in, a small bruise visible on his jaw.

He sat at the back at an empty table before Moody excused us. "Mind if I work with one of my mates today? Promised I'd work with him before I knew I was sitting here," Leo explained, smiling pitifully at me. "Oh no, go ahead," I smiled as he stood up giving me a wink.

I stood up to go find one of my friends before Moody stood in front of me, with a furious blonde behind him. "You'll work with Malfoy today, Scott. He weren't here for the first half and you obviously know everything," he explained sarcastically.

My eyes widened before I let out a scoff, "I am not working with fu-" I begun before Moody interrupted me, "No buts. Now off you go."

I huffed before walking to the back of the class, hoping no one will pay as much attention to us. I saw Harry and Ron who were a few inches away from us giving me a pitiful smile to which I returned the favour.

"Like the face, did something new to it?" I asked, smiling innocently at him. He shot me a glare before his face turned red, "Fuck off." I gave him an I surrender look and chuckled to myself.

"You can cast the hex. I'll deflect it to show you how it's done." He rolled his eyes before grabbing hold of his wand, ready to aim.

"Stupefy!" He snapped and I deflected it without hesitation, "Come on Malfoy, surely you can do better than that," I challenged him, smirking as his face grew redder and redder.

"Titillando!"

"Salvio Hexia!"

"Colloshoo!"

"Salvio Hexia!"

"You and your shitty hexes get the idea. Your turn," I said as he huffed and stood in position.

"Expelliarmus!"

"Salvio Hexia!"

"Confringo" I yelled not knowing what I was doing.

"BOMBDARDA MIXIMA!" He yelled.

Both curses missed us by an inch but neither of us had time to deflect it because we were suddenly lifted into the air by professor Moody, who looked furious.

"Dumbledore's office, NOW!" He yells and drops us onto the floor.

He yanks our collars, heading for the door. "Everyone else, you are dismissed."

AN: Ahhh, I don't know if anyone got my idea for this chapter but hope you liked it. It's shorter but I wanted their thing with Dumbledore to happen next chapter.

Anyways, like and vote :)