28

The next day I woke up to get ready for the day, Hermione already left to get some study time in for OWL's. As I walked out of the room, I heard a gasp - I turned around to see Fay.

"Wha- I- CORALINE!" She gasped louder, running towards me and grabbing my head. I looked at her weirdly as she examined my neck, "What? You're acting bizarre."

She dragged me all the way to the mirror by her bed, "Who the hell gave you these?" I looked in the mirror and my eyes practically popped out at what I was staring at. 

Hickeys. Fucking, hickeys. He gave me three purple bruises highly visible on my neck and at this point I had no idea what to tell Fay. She was staring at me, waiting for an answer so I did what I do best, I lied. "The new kid in Slytherin gave it to me."

I felt the bile rising up in my throat at what I said but no one knows we're related and Fay wouldn't tell anybody. "Okaaay! Never knew you were into this shit, you learn something new every day," she giggled.

"Uh Fay, do you know how I can hide these?" I asked in embarrassment. She smiled at me before tapping her wand on my neck three times and making the purple bruises vanish. I exhaled loudly in relief as they were gone.

"Oh and Fay, please do-"

"I won't. You know me," she interrupted me, smiling. I blew her a kiss before I grabbed my bag and exited our dormitory, ready for potions.

As I arrived at potions, I noticed there was barely anyone here yet except Leo. He was sitting at a table alone and I needed to talk to him so I walked over to him and sat down next to him.

"Go away!" He snapped, not lifting his head up to even look at me. I rolled my eyes and ignored his harshness as I grabbed my book from my bag and placed it on my desk.

"Go away, Coraline. I'm serious." His tone was softer but I could tell it was hurt. I let out a huff before snatching his book and making him look at me, "Why are you acting like this?"

He let out a scoff before snatching his book back. "We talked about this and I don't feel like repeating myself again, Vanderwall." He practically spat the word, Vanderwal, in my face. It hurt a little but I'm not even surprised.

"How did you find out? About me and you-know-who, my family-" 

The classroom door opened and my cousin walked in, once he saw me a smirk appeared on his face and he walked towards Leo and I.

"You again," he said, sitting down at our table. I shot him a glare before Leo chuckled to himself, "Of course, what is he? Brother? Cousin?" 

I threw my head back as Charlie came closer to us, well me, "He knows about-"

"Just shut up. Please," I snapped. He threw his hands in defense before staring at Leo, who was uncomfortably shifting in his position.

Snape shortly came in and directed a few other people to my table. I saw Draco walk in and he shot his brows up at Leo next to me, I waved him off and paid attention to what Snape was saying.

In today's lesson, we had to make an antidote for common poison's and I was dreading the idea of working with Leo, something's going to happen I can feel it.

"Shall I get the ingredients or do-" I asked him as he cut me off and walked off to the ingredients closet. 

"Your boyfriend's not very fond of you," Charlie snorted. I shoved my middle finger in his face as Leo came back with a bunch of things we needed.

1. Add one bezoar to the mortar

I grabbed the bezoar and placed it in the cauldron along with the mortar. "You're not meant to do that," Leo mumbled, pulling the cauldron towards himself.

"Read the fucking book, yes you are," I snapped. He shot me a glare before I crushed the fine powder and sprinkled it in the cauldron. 

We kept working until we had to stir the potion, I took the stirring rod and began stirring. "I can do that-" He removed my hand from the stirring rod and began stirring.

"What is your problem? I can do it myself." I snatched the cauldron away from him and continued stirring the potion. The potion was a little heavy so it took a while to stir it two times clockwise.

"I don't trust YOU. Give me the cauldron," he huffed. He snatched back the cauldron which made a few droplets spill onto our desk.

As he was stirring I grabbed the edge of the cauldron and started pulling it, "Give it to me, Hufflepuff."

He started tugging the end, "Not a chance, Gryffindor!"

We were too busy fighting over the cauldron to even hear a few people calling out for us. I could hear Charlie trying to grasp our attention.

"Guys?"

"Hello?"

"You guys!"

"WHAT?" Leo and I yelled in unison as we stopped and looked at my cousin who took a step back from our tantrum.

Before he could answer the potion exploded with a loud bang and spilt all over Leo and I. 

"That!" Charlie said, pointing at us as I shot him a nasty glare.

"What the hell did you two do?" Snape roared, strutting to our table. I pointed at Leo, "It was his fault, professor."

Leo scoffed as he wiped some of the disgusting liquid off his face. "I don't give a damn whose fault it is. Detention, Friday night the both of you! 15 points to be removed from each house," he screamed.

I've never seen Snape scream and it's more terrifying than his normal, usual talkative self. He excused Leo and I to go clean up and I shoved passed him, exiting the classroom.

Once I was outside of the classroom, I turned to Leo and began yelling, "Fuck you, seriously fuck you. None of this would've ever happened if you just fucking talked to me and let me know why you were so mad." 

I could tell he was about to start going off so I turned around and walked away, not bothering to listen to another batch of bullshit come out from his mouth.

AN: Hi guys, so I have a business test to revise for today so I'm not sure if I'll update again today. I probably will but if I don't I'm sorry, there will be an extra chapter tomorrow if I don't.

Also, thank you so much for 2k reads. Bloody hell! That's a lot of reads for me and thank you so much for reading this book :)