53

Friday evening comes and I'm dreading Slughorn's Christmas supper, I have somehow tricked myself into letting Pansy dress me for this.

I was walking down the long pathway in the dungeons when I saw a frustrated Snape and Draco walk by me. I've been meaning to talk to Draco but I guess he seemed busy right now.

"Salazar!" The painting door opened and I walked inside, a bunch of slimey eyes on me.

"Wrong common room, Vanderwal," someone shouted out, I shot them a glare before Pansy came out of the corner.

"Suck it, Theo." She smiled once she walked up to me and pulled me into a hug. "Come on, my dorms upstairs," she smiled and dragged me upstairs towards the girl's dormitories.

Once we entered there were two girls already inside, confused as to why I'm in here. "Girls, this is my best friend, Coraline Vanderwal," Pansy said, sitting me down onto her bed.

"Nice to meet you, Coraline. I'm Emily and that's Tracey," she smiled, extending her hand out for me.

I accepted it before greeting her back. This was odd, considering Slytherin's I knew were never nice to me, they always had some sort of vendetta against me.

"There's Daphne too but eh... y'know," Pansy frowns, referring to when I found her sucking Draco off in the Quidditch pitch.

With a clap of her hands, she grabs her wand and begins floating dresses in the air for me to choose. "Girls, which one do you think will suit her? I would go for green but she screams black or red," Pansy says, completely ignoring my presence.

"I like the one without a back," Tracey blurts, walking around the dress.

Pansy nods, snatching the dress and placing it on me. "This isn't a strip show I- it's dinner with a professor," I groaned, realising the dress is far too revealing.

"Salazar knows Slughorn needs some-"

"PANSY!" The three of us shrieked, giggling at her inappropriate comment over a professor.

She rolled her eyes before diving back into her closet. I've been to Pansy's house before and her closet there is huge nothing compared to the one here so I'm surprised when she's got a horrendous amount of clothes in there.

"Aha!" She comes out, holding a black, sparkly dress in her hands and throwing it at me, "Go try it. It's appropriate enough."

I roll my eyes before entering their bathroom to put the dress on. Looking at myself over the mirror, I notice how the dress fits perfectly against my body. A little short but it's okay, I'll be sat down anyway.

I come out and the three girls gasp. "Merlin, it looks amazing on you," Emily awed, examining me head to toe.

"Please...I still have that face to fix and that atrocious weed she calls hair," Pansy huffs, dragging me to her makeup table.

If someone else were to comment about my appearance I would be certain in sending them a hex but Pansy could probably say whatever the hell she wants and I'd know it's a joke, sort of.

"Pansy, I-"

"Shut up!" She snapped, slapping my neck. I stared at the two girls who shrugged their shoulders and went back to reading their books.

After thirty minutes, she was finally done fixing my hair and doing my make-up. She turned me around in the chair and I gasped once I saw myself.

"I know, I'm brilliant," she giggled.

I got up and pulled her into a hug, "I look amazing, thank you."

"Of course, make sure to not ruin my masterpiece though," she sarcastically mentioned, pulling me towards the girls.

I rolled my eyes before I heard gasps and shot my head to the two girls staring at me with wide eyes. "You look hot, fuck," Tracey blurted, licking her lips.

"She's into girls," Pansy whispered in my ear and I nodded my head, which explained it.

"You look very beautiful, Coraline," Emily smiled.

"Thank you, girls. It's all thanks to Parkinson here," I gushed, giving my best friend a hug.

She checked the time and nearly had a stroke, "Come on, your escort is waiting for you downstairs."

I paused in my tracks, staring at her with widened eyes, "Pansy- What bloody escort? It's-"

"I may or may not have asked someone to take you, I can't have you walking around in my masterpiece alone," she pouted with beady eyes.

I groaned before following her outside, gripping onto the railings of the staircase as I didn't like walking downstairs with heels.

We made it to the common room and I could feel multiple eyes on me but I didn't pay attention to them.

"Coraline- you shall be attending this thing with Blaise," she said, pointing to the guy who was sitting on the couch reading a book.

He shot his head up and widened his eyes at the sight before him, "Damn, you clean up well Vanderwal."

I chuckled, "Thanks, you look decent enough." He rolled his eyes before sitting on the edge of the couch, waiting for Pansy's signal.

Pansy straightened out my dress before fixing my hair, "Have fun! Don't forget, I heard the older professors like their balls-"

"BYE!" I screamed, covering my ears as I walked towards their entrance.

Once I got outside I let out a breath of relaxation before I heard chuckling from behind me. "She's a crazy one, she is," Blaise cracked up, walking towards me.

"Bloody mental, that one."

He fixed his tie and blazer before extending an arm out to me, "Shall we?"

"We shall," I chuckled, grabbing his arm and walking towards Slughorn's classroom.

Little did I know, a angered up blonde was eavesdropping the entire time.

AN: This chapter is a little short but I wanted the dinner party in one chapter along with something else I have planned;)))

But the next chapter will be out today!! Also down below is what I imagined her wearing :)