20

I was awoken by Harry who let me know we had arrived at Kings Cross. I was thankful that I had slept the whole ride, I didn't need to explain anything to my friends. I gathered my belongings and dashed out of the train, knowing my parents probably sent the elves for me.

As I ran out of the train I bumped into someone, "I'm sorr- Oh, you." Draco had the biggest smirk on his face as he chuckled at my expression. "Don't miss me too much, love," he whispered in my ear. 

I looked behind him to see the family elf looking around for me. I gave Malfoy a kick in the shin and ran past him, reminding myself to apologise to him for that at some point.

"Poppy!" I cheered. The house-elf jumped out of shock but quickly relaxed when she saw it was me. "Miss V-" she began but I cut her off, "Let's go. Come on, Poppy. Don't want to keep mother and father waiting," I rushed.

She gave me a weird look before grabbing my hand and apparating us. I stood in front of the manor, their manor. I felt Poppy give my hand a squeeze as she watched me tense up.

"Sorry, Poppy. I just wanted to get out of there," I sighed, bending down to give the elf a hug. "It's okay, Miss Vanderwal. Poppy doesn't mind," she smiled.

I bopped her nose before opening the golden doors of the front house and walking inside the house where most of my childhood traumas were created.

"Miss Vanderwal is home!" Bubble, another house-elf, sang in excitement. I bent down to give her a huge hug, when I was a child she was my 'personal elf' I love her so much.

"Guys, I have told you countless times to call me Coraline," I chuckled. They both nodded and Poppy apparated away with my bags.

I turned to bubble who had the biggest smile on her face, "Bubble, where are my parents?" She looked down before she pointed to the dining room.

I walked down the hallway and noticed how I was practically removed from all the family photo's, where's the surprise in that!

I opened the dining room and heard laughter beaming through it. "Coralina, you're home!" My mother laughed as she gestured for me to come forward.

"Mother! Father!" I exclaimed. Next to them were my two sisters and brother, "Hello Brian, Phoebe and Cora!" 

I walked over and sat down next to my younger sister, she's never liked me which is understandable but it still hurt when she didn't even smile at me.

"Oh Lay, I'm so excited you're home! It's been too long since we've been under the same room," Phoebe sighed, stretching her hand out to grab mine.

I gave her a nod but before I could reply, my mother injected, "Yes, I assume you'll be coming back here now that Nona has passed." 

"As if I have any other choice," I mumbled even though they didn't hear me, "What time is nona's funeral?" I asked them, their heads all turned to me before my father bluntly said, "Tomorrow morning. We're burying her in the cemetery."I nod my head. 

They all went back into their conversations before I excused myself and headed up to my 'room'. It was going to be weird, living here again despite everything I've been through but I have no other option - I'm still underage.

---

The next morning I woke up to shuffling and noises to which I groaned loudly, "Who the fuck is making so much noise?" I sat up to see my sister raising her arms in the air which made me roll my eyes. 

"Watch your language Lay, mother could've been here," Phoebe chuckled.

"What are you doing in here? I didn't steal anything if mother asked you to come and check," I snapped which made her frown. She came and sat on the edge of my bed.