44

After flying to the ministry we immediately ran inside, heading for the department of mysteries. None of us knew where the hell we were going so we followed Harry, who was running incredibly fast.

We entered a room an odd room, there were crystal orbs surrounding us, a turquoise blue shining all over our faces. 

"He should be here!" Harry sighed, walking around everywhere to make sure Sirius' body probably isn't dumped behind one of the shelves or something.

"Harry, this's got your name on it," Neville added. Harry took in a deep breath before walking over to Neville, only to see a prophecy with his name written on it.

Harry slowly picked it up, bringing it closer. "Be careful," I whispered. He nodded as he lifted the prophecy in the air, it started speaking a bunch of jibberish I couldn't hear.

"Harry!" Hermione yelled. She pointed her wand over to a man, in a mask, walking over towards us. I grabbed Neville and stood behind him, my gut has a bad feeling to this.

Harry walked in front of us, holding his wand out towards the masked man, "Where's Sirius?" The mysterious man started chuckling, "You know you really should learn to tell the difference between dreams..." That voice- it sounds so familiar.

"And realities," the man said as he took his wand to remove his mask. My heart stopped once I saw Lucius Malfoy, my father's dearest friend. "You only saw what the Dark Lord wanted you to see."

I hid behind Neville, praying to Merlin he wouldn't see me because this is not the time for my friends to find out. 

"Now hand me the prophecy," he grumbled. Harry scoffed, I could see he held onto it with everything he had, "You do anything to us and I'll break it."

There was a maniacal cackle coming from somewhere, I couldn't see where. I saw a figure moving, their heels making a noise as they walked.

"He knows how to play. Itty, bitty, baby, Potter!" Bellatrix Lestrange...holy mother of Jesus.

"Bellatrix Lestrange!" Neville gasped, walking closer. Shit- I grabbed onto him praying that he wouldn't do anything. "Neville Longbottom, is it? How's mum and dad?" She smirked.

He moved out of the way, "Better now that they're about to be avenged!" I ran after Neville pulling him back but unfortunately, that gave the two idiots a clear view of me.

Lucius Malfoy held Bellatrix back, staring at me, "Well well well. What do we have here?"

I shook my head, "Please- don't," I begged. I never beg, never. But I couldn't have my friends find out, not now, no. Not find out by the hands of Lucius Malfoy.

"Coralina...Vanderwal!" He breathed loudly, chuckling. I froze in my spot, not daring to look back to see any of their faces.

"Vanderwal? You're delusional," Ron choked. 

The man let out a loud laugh, walking a step closer to get a better view, "You mean she hasn't told any of you?" None of my friends spoke. The hatred I had for Draco slowly moved onto his father, I wanted to rip this man apart.

"I wonder what Joseph would think, Coralina."

"SHUT UP!" I screamed, the tears falling down my face. 

"What is he talking about, Coraline?" I heard Harry say from behind me.

I said nothing, I couldn't face them. I've lied to everyone, including my close friends, for five years. I wanted to get out of here, I didn't want to witness their reactions when what's bubbling in their heads is confirmed.