64

My heart was racing as I followed the boys. I lost them until I heard a crash, my feet have never carried me faster than before. I looked back and forth until I heard a bigger crash coming from the lavatory. 

I ran inside to see sinks erupted from the wall, the floor flooded with water and two teenagers throwing spells at one another. 

"STOP!" I screamed, taking my robe off as it got heavy in the water. 

They didn't hear me. I ran in front of them and Draco used one of his arms to shield me behind him. "Draco, stop," I cried out but he didn't listen, he carried on throwing spells at Harry.

"Harry! Please!" Nothing. The two boys were too invested in blowing each other's heads off.

I ran out of his grip and stood in front of the two but before I could talk I felt myself being hit by a spell, "Tussis sanguis."

I fell onto the floor and began coughing up my blood, I clutched onto my stomach as I didn't stop. I knew Harry shot the spell at me accidentally but it hurt like hell. "You fucking idiot!" I heard Draco scream. 

"Cruci-"

"Sectumsempra!" I heard Harry yell and I suddenly heard a loud splash in the water. I lifted my head up to see Draco laying on the floor with blood coming out of him.

Screams ejected from my mouth, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me but I shrugged them off, running towards Draco, tears pooling out of my eyes - half from the coughing and half from staring at Draco.

"Repairo!" Harry chanted and the coughing stopped. I instantly grabbed Draco's head, looking up at Harry who stood there in shock.

"What did you do?" I yelled at him, he stood there paralysed not daring to meet my eyes. "Harry!" I screamed, nothing.

My own tears were falling onto Draco's, his limp arms trying to aim for mine. I was about to call for help when professor Snape shoved me out of the way, casting a healing spell on him.

I turned around to see Harry gone, anger began to slowly replace my hurt. "Will he be alright?" I choked, as I kneeled down beside the professor. 

"He'll need to go to the infirmary but yes he will be," Snape stated as he picked Draco up. "Can I come-"

"No! I'd go find your friend, Vanderwal! Dumbledore will want to speak to him," he spat, carrying Draco out of the room.

I tried to steady my tears as they kept coming down, I nearly lost Draco and myself in the process of trying to stop my best friend and my lover from killing each other.

With water dripping down my clothes and blood visible on me, I ran out of the bathroom. I avoided people's stares as I made my way to the Gryffindor common room.

"Coraline?" I saw Leo who began calling out for me but I shoved past me, I knew I'd eventually had to explain to him what happened. 

I entered the common room, shoving past students who were coming in and out of the room. I saw Harry sitting on the couch with Ginny, Ron and Hermione. He stood up the second he saw me but that didn't stop me from punching him in the face.

"You IDIOT!" I screamed. I felt Ron holding me back as I tried to get a few more punches in. 

"Everyone get out," I heard Ginny snap. 

"Why do we have to-"

"Do as your told Seamus, NOW!" Ginny yelled and footsteps began descending. 

Ron sat me down, pinning me back, by pressing into my shoulders, from attacking harry further, knowing I will regret it later. Hermione kneeled before me as she took my hands in hers, rubbing them to calm me down.

"I'm fine," I whispered, taking deep breathes. Hermione and Ron stared at each other before they backed away but stood next to me in case I jumped Harry again.

"Coraline, I'm so-"

"Are you happy? You finally did it, you proved you're the better man Harry. Did it make you feel happy watching him lay there with blood oozing out of him? Did you accomplish something out of that? I mean for goodness sake you hit me with a spell Harry," I snapped, staring right into his soul.

I heard a few gasps which only told me they didn't know about the spell he hit me with. "Harry you hit Coraline with a spell?" Hermione asked as she sat on the armchair of the sofa I was sat on.

"It wasn't aimed at her. She came in between Malfoy and I to stop it and my aim missed," Harry choked. I could tell he was crying.

Taking a deep breath, I got up from my seat and sat next to him, pulling him into a hug. I took in another deep breath, "I know you didn't mean to hit me with that spell, I don't care. But Draco nearly died, Harry."

He nodded his head, "I know. I swear to you I felt horrible the second he fell onto the floor. I didn't even know what the spell was I just found it from the damn book."

He handed me the potions book, the one he's been reading all year - the one that belonged to the 'Half-Blood Prince'.

I looked at Hermione who knew what I was thinking, "You need to get rid of it Harry, tonight." He nodded his head as he kept his eyes on the floor.

"I'll come with you," Ginny said as she sat on the other side of Harry.

I got up from the couch, wiping my eyes from the tears, "I'm going to go make sure he's okay. I'll see you guys later."

Harry gripped my wrist, making me turn around to face him, "Let him know I'm sorry." 

I nodded my head before I carried on walking until Hermione stopped me. She charmed the blood on my clothes clean and I sent her a smile to show my thanks.

AN: Tussis sanguis - I made this spell up myself, it's Latin for Cough Blood. 

I don't know if I'll update tonight because I'm so tired but I'll see :))