72

3 Months Later

It's been three months, Ron and I are barely surviving. I managed to find a £20 note on the floor which was by luck and it's only used for food. Sometimes we don't even eat for a day or two.

We were staying in a tent I found in my bag at Primrose hill, I was reading my book and Ron was taking a nap.

I woke Ron up, needing to talk to him. "Why are you waking me up?" He grumbled, sitting up as he rubbed his eyes.

"I needed to ask of a favour," I shyly dropped. I'm never shy with my friends but this favour I need, makes me feel weird but I had no one else.

He rose his brows in hopes I'd elaborate. "I was wondering if we could use polyjuice potion and go visit my home? I completely forgot my things are probably still there," I asked.

He chuckled before nodding his head, "Of course we can. But where the hell are we going to find polyjuice potion from?"

I brought my bag over to him and took out two vials. His eyes stared at it in astonishment. "I mixed these before we left Kreacher, I made one for each of us in case we needed it," I breathed.

"You truly do amaze me, Coraline Va- Scott," he chuckled, rubbing my head.

I flipped my hair knowing how amazing I was.

I told Ron to go out and yank hair strands from two people and come back quickly. After 10 minutes, he comes back with sweat dripping down his face but hands me the hair strands.

Drinking the potion, I pack up our tent and things before heading out. Nona's house was only down the road and I was feeling nauseous, I missed her terribly and after all, she raised me.

"You good?" Ron asked me as I stood in front of her door. I nodded my head before opening the door and walking in.

The electricity had been cut off but thanks to the illuminator Dumbledore gave Ron, it was lit up again. "Want to go up to your room?" He asked as he looked towards the stairs.

"Yeah," I breathed. We walked up and a wave of emotions hit me as I stepped inside my old room.

Pictures of my friends I covering the left side of my wall. My books all stacked in a messy pile, the clothes were thrown on my bed.

I sat on my bed as I endured this all in. Ron was staring at the photo's I had taken from first to fourth, I took a lot. 

"Hey, Ron? Who are these people I am with?" I asked, taking hold of the picture on my nightstand. 

It was me, a tallboy and a young girl - we looked similar. Ron's eyes widened as he snatched the frame out of my hand, "These were people you were close with, they betrayed you," he quickly explained.

I nodded my head understanding. I got up and let Ron know I was going to go have a look at nona's room, missing her too much. Ron remained in my room as he wanted to stare at the pictures of us I took.

Entering my nona's room tears instantly formed in my eyes. I never realised how badly I missed her, I haven't been back here since the fourth year. 

I brushed my hand against her dressing table, walls, bed, windows. I remember the day before I headed off to Hogwarts, I slept in her bed as I was scared I would be alone for the whole year.

I wrapped her blanket over me, her Chanel perfume engulfing me. She wasn't old but she wasn't young either, how she died will always shock me but life is life.

Walking over to the bookshelf, I grab one of her books as I feel the spine. Nona loved to read, she used to read me a story every single night. No matter how sad or tired she was she would always read to me.

"Coraline..." I screamed and fell into the bookshelf as Ron scared me. 

The bookshelf opened up and Ron and I stared at it, fear written all over our faces. "What the bloody hell is happening?" Ron whimpered as he grabbed onto me.

"I-I don't know," I whispered. Behind my nona's bookshelf, there was a table with shelves above it, books and journals filling it up.

"Coraline...why are there pictures of Dumbledore?" Ron asked. I looked down onto the table to see pictures of Dumbledore on paper. 

I shrugged my shoulders as I grabbed two journals and handed one to Ron. "Let's figure out," I mumbled.

We spent two hours, looking through the journals. They were all diary entries of my nona writing about her findings. I dug through the draws to find journals but they were filled with pictures.

"Ron, have a look at these. Do they look familiar to you?" I scattered the papers across the room for Ron to look at.

The drawings were all so familiar. "Hang on, this is the necklace we found," Ron stated as he showed me the drawing of the necklace.

It was the necklace indeed. I grabbed the other one's as I showed them to Ron, "This must be Tom Riddle's diary, the one Harry destroyed in the chamber."

Ron and I glanced at each other before spreading the rest of the papers out. "The ring, the book and the necklace - we have those. That must mean the tiara and snake are the only ones."

Ron and I laughed in victory as we just figured it all out, us. "But why are there pictures of Harry, the sword and- is that you?" Ron asked, staring at the photo of me as a baby.

"Harry is the key to all of this and the sword of Gryffindor is what will destroy it. As for me, I'm not entirely sure," I questioned myself.

An idea clicked in my head as I stood up to grab parchment and ink. "I think I know where we can find the sword of Gryffindor," I said before jotting down a letter for my friends.

"Coraline, there is no way to contact them. They check all of the owls," Ron said warily as he watched me continuing.

I chuckled before gazing up at him, "Darling, my nona and I practically sent each other secret notes. I have a way of contacting them."

He looked at me with a scared expression to which I winked at him.

The Letter:

Leo,

I need to ask a favour from you which I so terribly apologise for. You see, this quest I was on with my friends - it got fucked up due to miscommunication.

We need the sword of Gryffindor!

The sword will appear to anyone who is worthy, sometimes to people who aren't in Gryffindor. Believe me, I know.

FIND the sword.

Without it, we are hopeless.

I miss you so much, I'll see you soon.

Your favourite fuck buddy :)

C.S

AN: The letter may not be accurate lmao because I believe the sword only appears to Gryffindor's but EY this is a fanfiction, who cares :)