45

When we arrived back from the ministry, I didn't know what to say or how to act. We walked back to the common room in silence, no words or even looks exchanged between us.

Once we entered the common room, they all headed for the dormitories before I stopped them, "Are we seriously not going to talk about it?"

They stopped in their tracks before turning around to face me. Harry stepped forward, ready to say something before Ron started shouting, "Talk about what? You bloody lied to us and you want us to talk about it?"

Hermione pulled Ron back, clearly scared he'll do or say the wrong thing. "I wanted to tell you but I couldn't, I wanted to forget about my past about everything," I cried out.

"You lied to us, Coraline. Told us lies about everything. We were your closest friends, you could've trusted us with anything," Hermione pleaded.

I nodded my head, understanding, "I wanted to. I truly did but I couldn't. My family have done awful things the-"

"Yeah! They did awful things to MY family and you just sat there, you were apart of what they've done. You're a fucking Vanderwal," Ron cut me off screaming.

I've never heard him scream out of anger before, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't slightly terrified. My friends have never been angry with me the way they are now, I truly fucked up.

"Guys, I'm really sorry." I was crying at this point, I genuinely did not know what to say. I lied directly to their faces for five years, watched Ron hurt by what my family did for ages, lied to everyone in this school.

Just when I thought I couldn't get hurt anymore, Ron spat the words that broke me, "Don't ever speak to me again, traitor." 

He shoved past Hermione as he ran up the stairs, slamming the doors behind him. Hermione wiped her tears before she shook her head and followed Ron, leaving me and Harry alone in the common room.

"Harry-" 

"Don't! The thing that hurts the most is that you were closer to me than Ron and Hermione were. I trusted you with my fears, dreams with everything and you couldn't even tell me who you really were. Just leave us be for a while, Coraline," he explained.

With one glance, he walked away. I didn't know what to do except go to the one person who I knew I could talk to, my friends hated me - they hated me.

I ran out of the common room, I needed to escape that prison. I ran and ran until I finally collapsed somewhere in the hallways, not knowing where I was or who was around me.

I broke. I cried and cried, letting everything go. I never knew how much I needed this but crying it all out felt good, it felt like a weight has been removed off my chest.

I was hugging my knees, leaning back against the wall when I felt a voice call out for me. I turned my head to see Charlie and Pansy who were walking slowly towards me.

When they confirmed it was me, I felt Pansy's warmth embrace me in a hug. I couldn't even move or breathe any more, I've lost everyone around me and I didn't know what to do.

"Should we take her somewhere?" I heard a faint voice ask.

"No, something happened for her to be broken this way."

---

One Week Later!

I was sat in a cabin with Pansy, Aiden, Ara and Charlie. We were finally heading back home and for the first time, I was relieved to be leaving Hogwarts.

"I can't wait for summer, it's going to be a blast," Pansy squeals, clapping as she jumped up and down. I chuckled slightly at her childish behaviour.

"Well no more school for me, time to hit the real world," Aiden pointed out. Everyone groaned as we rolled our eyes, it's the fifth time he's reminded us this week.

Ara cupped his cheeks, "Well, I'll miss you." She kissed him which we all fake-gagged at, making her roll her eyes. 

Right...they're dating now.

There was a slight knock on the window door and I turned my head to see Leo waving at me, gesturing for me to come out. "I'll be right back," I tell them and exit the cabin.

"There she is!" He exclaimed, pulling me into a hug. 

I chuckle slightly as I wrap my arms around his neck, "Did you need something?" He shook his head as he leaned against the wall of the train.

"Just wanted to say goodbye, next year is going to be uh- different," he said. I nodded my head, my gaze falling to the ground.

I've been in a slump all week, not speaking or barely eating. Word got around about the fact that I am a Vanderwal and other than the people who are talking to me, no one else is.

Malfoy tried to speak to me but I flipped him off, I may have lost the people I cared about but I'm not desperate enough to forgive his actions.

"They will forgive you, Coraline. They will," he said, grabbing my hands and bringing them to his chest.

I shrug my shoulders, smiling slightly, "I doubt that but thanks, Leo." He pulls me into a hug, kissing my forehead before letting go.

"I'll see you in a month or so, don't get into any trouble," he points as he walked away. I laughed slightly, waving him off before I entered my cabin again.

For the rest of the journey, I decided to sleep until we arrived at Kings Cross. I was startled awake by Pansy who let me know we arrived.

I grabbed my purse before heading outside, not bothering to say goodbye to anyone. I was walking towards the exit when I bumped into someone, "Move!"

I looked up to see Ron who was staring down at me. I looked away as he made way for me to move past, I walked out and looked for the house-elf, my siblings, anyone.

I saw mother who was standing in the corner, waving me over. For some reason, the sight of her made my eyes tear up. I jumped off of the steps and practically dashed towards her, wrapping my arms around her.

"Coraline? Are you alright?" She asked, slowly bringing her arms around me.

I cried into her neck as I increased my grip around her. I don't know why seeing her made me so emotional but whatever the reason was I was just glad she was here.

"I'm fine, I just m-missed you," I replied, pulling away from the hug and wiping my tears away. She smiled at me before nodding her head.

"We should head home, your father- he wants to speak to you," she whispered. There was a certain fearful look glistening in her eyes.

"About what?" I asked shakingly, my father and I never talk, ever. My mother and I, despite her hatred for me, she still talked to me. My father never did unless it was absolutely necessary.

"The incident at the ministry!"

~ End of Fifth Year ~

AN: I'm finally done with the fifth year, holy hell. So much has happened this year but so much more will happen in the sixth year. I can't wait to write it all.

Comment what you guys want to see more of in the sixth year. One thing I can assure you is there will be more smut along with toxic Draco finally making an appearance. 

Fight with friends

Talk with Malfoy about his father 

§