Yule Ball - 1

AN: Quick question, it's life or death: Team Delena or Stelena?

I walked down the stairs and felt the bile rise up to my throat. Everyone was staring at me and I couldn't tell if that was good or bad. I saw Lavender and Fay wink at me as they drag their dates into the hall.

From the corner of my eye I could've sworn I saw a blonde-headed figure staring at me but when I turned around there was no one there. 

I walked the final steps and Harry held my hand, helping me down, "You look nice, Lay. Wow!" I chuckled slightly before I took in his appearance, "Not too bad yourself."

Before I could say anything else, McGonagall rushed over to us, "There you are Potter, are you and Ms. Scott ready?" I looked at Harry who looked equally as confused, "Ready for what, professor?"

"To dance!" I gulped as I looked at Harry, he looked equally as frightened. "It's traditional that the three champions, in this case, four, are the first to dance. Surely I told you that?" Harry shook his head.

McGonagall sighed before she excused herself. I turned around to Harry who was too busy gawping over Cho Chang completely forgetting the fact that we have to dance in front of the whole school, "Harry! Come on."

Mione mouthed me good luck and Harry and I positioned ourselves behind Cedric and Cho. Cedric turned around to flash a smile at Harry, a smirk at me. I glared at him which caused him to turn around quickly.

As I grabbed Harry's arm, I felt him shaking. "Merlin, Harry. Calm down," I sighed, trying to ease his nerves. "Calm down? I'm going to make a fool out of myself," he cried. 

"Just follow my lead when we're inside," I reassured. The doors flew open and we walked inside. I could tell everyone's eyes were on me, I wasn't stupid, I mean I was wearing green everywhere which was supposedly an 'opposing' colour. 

As we walked down, I could see Malfoy, staring at me with a sort of disgusted look on his face. I'd thought he'd be happy to see me in green but I guess not, it looks like he's here with Pansy anyways. I wish I could say I was happy for them but I wasn't.

We got to the dance floor and Harry stood there awkwardly. I coughed to gather his attention and placed his hand on my waist, "Remember, follow my lead and listen to what I tell you to do." He nodded and the music began.

As we swayed, Harry got better and better. I wasn't surprised at first considering how he stepped on my foot three times, thankfully no one noticed. But as we kept dancing he got the hang of it through my instructions, thankfully no one noticed us speaking.

Once everyone came onto the dance floor, I signalled Harry to one of the table's and he nodded with relief. Approaching a table, Ron was sulking, Padma looking pissed as ever next to him. I mean, who could blame her, I'd be bored too if my date was sulking over another girl.

"Uh, you good Ron?" I asked, sitting next to him. He shot me a glare before pointing to Hermione and Viktor, "Did you know about that?"

I looked at Harry who shrugged. "Yeah, she was nervous to be fair. She seems to be having fun," I smiled, Ron did not smile, he looked ready to do something I knew he'd regret.

"Um, how about I go get you guys a drink. Harry, mind keeping Ronald here out of trouble?" Harry got the hint as he sat down next to Ron, both of them staring at the girls they wish they were here with.

I walked over to the drink table that I helped set up, I was quite proud of how it turned out. When I arrived at the table, I was surprised to see Parkinson and Malfoy there.

"Malfoy! Parkinson!" I coughed, trying to get in between them to grab a drink. "Scott, I see you've shimmered your inner Slytherin," Parkinson laughed sarcastically.