33

The next couple of weeks have been great. The DA meets up twice every week and Umbridge hasn't found anything out yet. The bitch however announced yesterday she wants to form a squad of students for extra credit.

I agreed to meet Draco in the Astronomy tower since I haven't seen him for a while, since what happened in potions.

I walk up the tower and open the door slightly when I reached the top. "Draco?" I squeaked, peaking inside the tower.

I see him leaning against the railings, staring into the cloud. His head jolts in my direction as he heard my voice, smiling at me with that flirtatious smile of his. 

"You came," he beamed, sitting up straight and walking towards me. "Of course I came. We haven't talked in a while and I missed you," I replied, my face growing red at what I just admitted. 

"Hmm...Coraline Vanderwal admitting she missed me. How rare," he smirked. I rolled my eyes as I dropped my bag and stood next to him.

"Shush! You miss the people you become attached to." He looked at me as if surprised that I've grown to become attached to him.

"You're not attached to me, Coraline," he bluntly let out. I sighed as I stared at the snow-covered grounds of Hogwarts.

"But I am. You don't just expect me to have moments with you and not get attached. I'm a girl, we have feelings and emotions." I felt his body tense at my words.

He let out a deep breath as he wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. "You shouldn't attach yourself to me," he whispered.

I turned to face him, cupping his face, "But I am, Draco. We've been doing this for over a year, I was thinking about us an-"

Before I could finish my sentence, he cut me off by smashing his lips onto mine. I had to tell him I wanted more than what we were doing, I was developing feelings for him. Deep feelings.

Our kiss deepened and he pulled me closer to him, our chests colliding. I jumped back as something pinched me, "What the hell was that?"

I looked at his robe to see a pin, I walked closer to examine it and read 'Inquisitorial Squad'.

"You joined her fucked up squad?" I asked, the hatred clear in my tone of voice.

He nodded his head, running his hands through his hair, "Yeah. Dad's close with her at the ministry, it's expected of me."

"What is she making you guys do?" Truth is, I did not care what that toad wants to do with them. I just wanted to know what the DA is conspiring about.

"She thinks Potter is doing some illegal shit. We've been tasked to find out what. You don't know anything about that, do you?" I immediately shook my head as if I was going to tell him. 

He nodded his head, believing me, "Waste of time to be honest. I could be doing better things." I nodded my head, agreeing. "But enough of this, come here."

He pulled me close to him, holding my neck with one hand as he smashes my lips onto his. I pull back slightly, "I have to go meet Charlie."

"Charlie?" He questioned, raising his brows and twisting his face. "Relax, I call my cousin Charlie because his first name is too long. We'll arrange something soon, okay?"

"Oh right and Yeah sure," he pouts but kisses my cheek before I grab my bag and head for the door. Before I exit, I turned around, "Don't miss me too much, ferret boy."

He stuck his middle finger up at me and I left with a chuckle. I knew what Draco wanted from me, he wanted to take things further but I'm not ready for that. Being a virgin must be hard for him, I can tell by the way he touches me in class - hungry for my touch.

I arrive at the library shortly later and walk in to see my cousin attempting to flirt with a third year. I walk up to them, "Bartholomew! You're cheating on me already?" I fake gasped.

The look on the girls face was priceless, she slapped him before storming away. I cracked up laughing as I took a seat next to him.

"It's not funny! I could've had her," he huffed. I threw a look of disgust, "She's 13. Find someone your own age maybe."

He rolled his eyes before opening up his textbooks and grabbing parchment. "Okay, can we just work on this essay? I don't need anyone thinking I'm friends with you," he said.

I nodded politely before I too took out my things from my bag. We worked on the essay for an hour before we both started getting tired. 

Charlie started taking off his robe and my eyes wandered onto his jumper, the side of it. Of course, he had the fucking pin, he was part of her club.

"You joined her stupid squad? Bartholomew Charles Vanderwal, why?" Using his full name always felt foreign on my tongue, I never call him by his full name unless I'm disappointed or upset.

"Dad made me. Owled me and said Umbridge is the finest teacher there is. Plus, it's mainly full of Slytherins," he explained. I rolled my eyes expecting nothing less. 

"Just, steer clear from the room of requirement. Okay?" I know I shouldn't be telling him but I trust him. Ever since we were kids he was the only person I shared my secrets with. Along with my siblings of course.

"I'm not going to ask but okay. Just whatever you guys are doing, be careful!" He whispered. I nodded my head as I placed my things in my bag.

"Coraline?" I turned my head to see Ron standing next to Dean with red painted across his face.

"Ronald!" I exclaimed. He crossed his arms over his chest as he looked between Charlie and I, "Why are you with him?" 

I chuckled nervously as I threw my bag over my shoulder, "I was doing my homework when this dick came and sat here. I was just about to leave."

I felt terrible, lying to Ron, considering what my family did to his. I had no choice, I held the Vanderwal name meaning I have hurt not one but two of my closest friends and only one of them knows I had no part in their family's misfortune. 

"Stay away from her," Ron growled at Charlie. He threw his hands up in defence and I walked away with Ron and Dean.

I hope one day I can tell my friends everything, them understanding and not hating me. I hope one day I wouldn't be judged by the Vanderwal name and be proud of who I am.

But that day...is not today.

AN: Thank you guys so much for 3K omg, I love you guys!

I have a 3 week Christmas holiday so expect a shit ton of updates from me haha.