26

"Rewind: She was at your court hearing?" I asked in disbelief. Harry nodded as he explained to me everything that happened over the summer. I felt a little bad for him, I read the news about how they think Harry and Dumbledore are lying about Voldermort's return.

"Well, either way, her preppy attitude is disgusting and annoying." My friends agreed with my statement as we were walking to DADA.

I was dreading my DADA class because that preppy, pink frog was our professor for the year. She gave me horrible vibes, I mean who on earth wears that much pink - her brain probably has pink exploded everywhere.

We walk in and I bump into someone. "Oh, pardon me," a familiar voice says. I look up to see Leo, we make eye contact and he raises his brows at me before walking away with a scoff.

"What happened with you guys? You were so close before school ended," Hermione whispered. I shrugged my shoulders as I carried on walking, not feeling like coming up with a lie.

Ron and Harry sat at the front along with Hermione who sat next to one of her study buddies. I groaned as I took the empty seat behind Harry and Ron, hoping to get some sleep in this lesson like Mr. Malfoy at the back.

Parvarti and Padma were floating a paper bird around the air before Umbridge burned it. Her heels clanked on the floor as she walked past me and I immediately choked on the stench of her disgusting perfume.

"-Study hard and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so and the consequences may be severe." She was discussing our OWLS, putting stress on me for no reason whatsoever. 

She was about to hand out the books before the doors opened. I turned around and my eyes widened at who was standing at the foot of the door. "Who are you and why are you disturbing my lesson?" Umbridge sternly said.

"The names Bartholomew Vanderwal!" There were a few gasps around me, even the Slytherin's were a bit flabbergasted. There was a huge grin on Umbridge's face. Considering the fact that she works at the ministry I assume she's great friends with dear old dad.

"Vanderwal! What a pleasure, please take a seat here," she said as she pointed to the empty chair next to me. I shook my head before I heard the chair scrape and he sat next to me.

I turned my head and saw a smirk growing on his face, I dropped my head in my hands as I knew I was fucked.

 My fucking cousin...is attending...Hogwarts. 

Fuck. My. Life. 

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells." I lifted my head up to see Hermione talking as she flipped through the book. I ignored the person sitting next to me as I paid attention to what was happening in front of me, skimming through the book on my desk.

"Using spells? Well I can't imagine why you would need spells," her high-pitched voice ejected. I tuned out what she was saying as I turned around, facing my cousin.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I whispered, glaring at him as he was flipping through the pages. "Learning. What are you doing, Scott?" He smirked, lifting his head up to look at me. 

I clenched my fists, "Wait for me after class!" He scoffed, closing his book and leaning back into his chair. "Whatever you say, Scott!" He laughed lowly as he turned his head to look me in the eyes.

"Oh, I don't know, Lord Voldermort!" I was snapped out of my conversation to see Harry and Umbridge in a dual. The whole class was dead silent at the mention of Voldermort. 

 Umbridge was tensing up, clearly about to start a riot. "Now let me make this quite plain. You have been told that a certain dark wizard is at large once again. This. Is. A. Lie!" 

"It's not a lie, I saw him. I fought him!" Harry snapped, slamming his book onto the table. "Detention, Mr. Potter!" 

I kicked Harry's chair, signalling him not to stop. Show this preppy princess up. "So according to you Cedric Diggory dropped dead of his own accord," Harry pushed. Everyone was still and I could tell Umbridge was not in the mood to have a row with The Chosen One.

"Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident!" The woman was pushing it now. I leaned back in my chair and scoffed loudly, "Don't be daft."

Her head jolted in my direction, walking off her step to get a closer view. "Students will show respect in my classroom," she roared.

"Professors should show some fucking respect to a poor soul who died at the hands of a ruthless wizard who has risen once again," I shouted, I could tell everyone's eyes were on me. Hermione was shocked I actually stood up to a professor, her face was priceless.

She walked closer to me, slamming her hands on my desk, "I will not tolerate this sort of behaviour in my classroom." 

"Okay then." I stood up, grabbed my bag and walked towards the door.

Once I was out of the classroom, I turned around and could see every single person's eyes on me. "Someone died, show some fucking respect and stop hiding the truth. If you want my respect, you're going to have to earn it." She stared at me, her mouth hanging open.

I could see Draco trying to hide his laugh along with Pansy who was winking at me. "Oh and Harry, darling, coming?" He scoffed before throwing his bag over his shoulder and following me outside.

"See you tomorrow, Umbridge!" I sang as I slammed the door shut and leaned against the wall. Harry was staring at me, his eyes widened at what I just did.

"You're bloody mad, you know that right?" He chuckled as he sat on the floor next to me. I leaned my head against his head as I laughed along with him, "Don't listen to that toad, Harry. I believe you."

He held my hand and we sat there in comfortable silence before we headed to the Great Hall to wait for our friends.