37

School finally started back up again after the Christmas holidays. To say my Christmas was pretty interesting is an understatement, so much happened in the span of two weeks that my mind can't comprehend. 

I haven't spoken to Draco since what happened on New Years', mainly because it's the first week back. 

I was walking back from a DA meeting and decided to head up to the astronomy tower. I was surprised to say I saw Draco there, he looked deep in thought.

I coughed loudly to make my presence known. He turned around, quite startled by my presence but quickly softened, "What are you doing up here?"

I walked towards him, leaning against the railing and looking out at the stars, "I always come here when I need to think. Why are you here?" 

"Same!" I nodded my head as I stared out into the night, watching the trees as they swiftly swayed.

"How are you? After you-know," he said, breaking the silence between us. I sighed loudly as I turned around, my back now against the railing.

"Now you care?" He turns his body to face me, I can feel the tension coming off of his body. He didn't care about what we did when we did it but now he wants to ask me how I am.

"I'm sorry I didn't before, Coraline. I was o-overwhelmed by what happened." I scoffed loudly as I stared at the ground.

I started walking away from him slowly before I began to speak, "I don't know if you know this but I do care about you, Draco. In ways more than everything we did. I did what I did with you, I gave what I had to you because my feelings are more than what we're doing." 

He didn't say anything but I could hear his heavy footsteps getting closer to me. He stood next to me, he lifted his hands to grab mine, bringing them to my chest. "I feel the same way, I just I'm not ready," he breathed.

"Then until you are I can't do this, Draco. I gave you the last spark of innocence I had and we're not even dating. We've been doing god knows what for over a year now. When you figure your shit out then come to me," I spoke. 

I didn't want to stop what we have, I can never get enough of this man. I just don't want to feel like I'm being used, I know he cares for me and is enjoying whatever the hell this even is but I want more. I want to feel safe and protected, knowing I have someone I can look to.

I was walking towards the exit when I felt his icy tips on my wrist, yanking me back towards him and crashing his lips onto mine. I gave in but pulled away quickly, shaking my head at him.

"I want you! I-I can't lose you knowing I've had you for over a year,"  he whispered. I stared at him for what felt like ages before I mumbled an okay and gave into his kiss.

---

I was heading back to the common room, letting Draco know I'll speak to him tomorrow as I've had a terribly long day. 

I enter the commons to see Harry, Hermione and Ron back from Hagrid's. "There you are, Lay," Harry exclaims as he pulls me into a hug.

"Yes here I am, what's wrong?" I asked, looking at their worried yet now relieved expressions.

"We thought Umbridge found you and did something. It's well past curfew," Mione breathed. "Don't worry, I'm still alive.

I sat on the couch, leaning against Harry as the two in front of me began talking. "We were with Hagrid, he was telling us where he's been all this time," Ron said.

I rose my brows, hoping they would elaborate on what Hagrid said. I didn't know what to expect but I wasn't expecting to hear that he was looking for giants. Apparently, death eaters wanted to recruit them to the dark side.

"Wow!" I exclaimed, not knowing what to say. 

"I know, Umbridge is bitching out about this as well because Hagrid won't tell her where he's been," Ron interjected.

I made gagging noises at the word "Umbridge" due to the fact that it makes my head hurt. 

After catching up with the three of them I dragged Hermione upstairs for some sleep, knowing we both needed it after an intense day.

"You've been acting off recently, are you alright?" Hermione asked me as we walked down the hallways of the girls' dormitory.

I chuckled before I draped an arm around her, "Of course I am. OWL's have me a little stressed, you should relate." She chuckled as she nodded her head.

We walked inside our dorm to see Fay and Lavender, sitting on Fay's bed as they giggled. Their heads jolted up in our direction and waved us over, Hermione who groaned gave in as I dragged her along.

"What are you two talking about?" I asked as I laid on Fay. 

"Fay's got a crush," Lavender giggled in her high-pitched voice.

Hermione and I sat up, more intrigued by where this conversation is going. I rose my eyebrows at her, waiting for her to tell me who.

"I-It's Luna," she whispered and my eyes popped out. My mouth was hanging open for a second before I pulled her into a hug.

"I didn't know you felt that way about her," Hermione softly said. 

Fay nodded her head, playing with her fingers as she kept her head down, "I've liked her for a while. The DA made me realise how much." 

"Well Fay Dunbar, I think Luna Lovegood will be pleased to hear about this." She looked at me in horror before slapping her pillow against her face.

I've always had my suspicions about Fay being attracted to girls, it was obvious as hell. I just never expected her to come out to me, I think Luna and Fay would make the cutest couple Hogwarts has ever had.

AN: Just to clear some confusions: Draco's obviously using Coraline in a way or was before tonight but Coraline doesn't know that. She thinks he was a virgin as well as herself and that he hasn't slept or done anything with other girls. They're not labelled as girlfriend and boyfriend after this chapter.