66

There were death eaters, everywhere. I had to split up with Hermione, fearful that if we stuck together we'd just be dead.

The death eaters were wearing masks, it was pretty difficult to make out who was who but they were equally as terrifying with their stupid masks on.

I heard a scream come from the corner of the room and I ran to see a death eater holding his wand up at a third-year Ravenclaw. 

"Stupefy!"

The death eater stared at me for a second before he apparated away. I grabbed hold of the Ravenclaw, "Run back to your common room. Please." 

She nodded her head and quickly ran for the stairs, I ran around blocking the majority of the spells being throws at me. 

One of the death eaters hit me with a spell which caused me to hit the wall, my arm was trickling with blood but that was the least of my worries.

From the corner of my eye, I saw my blonde walking into the astronomy tower. The second that door shut, I ran after him.

Opening it I could hear his voice, I ran inside but someone placed a hand over my mouth and dragged me back. My screams were muffled and I turned my head to see Harry who was shaking his head telling me to be quiet.

I took in a deep breath before I put my focus to where he was pointing, Draco talking to Dumbledore. He had his wand aimed at Dumbledore, my heart was racing, oh Draco.

"Draco, you are no assassin!" Dumbledore calmly reassured him. "How do you know what I am? I've done things that would shock you." His voice was cracking, the pain visible enough.

I grabbed onto Harry's hand for support as Dumbledore spoke, "Like cursing Katie Bell and hoping she'd bear a cursed necklace to me? Placing a bottle of mead, placed with poison."

I looked to Harry, I know Draco didn't mean to poison Ron but it still hurt that he had something to do with my best friends almost death.

"Forgive me but I can't help but think these actions are so weak that your heart really cannot have been in them," Dumbledore calmly spoke.

It amazed me how calm he was, I would be shitting myself if someone was about to kill me. But I know in my heart Draco won't do it, he just can't.

"He trusts me! I was chosen!" Draco lifts his sleeve up and shows his death eater mark. I bury my head in Harry's shoulder as seeing the mark hurts me in some way.

Dumbledore drew his wand but Draco disarmed him before he could try anything. I could see Draco's hand shaking as he gripped onto his wand tighter, my own hands were shaking

The door clicked and Harry placed his hand over my mouth, muting me if I were to let out a noise. I couldn't hear what they were saying as the death eaters he brought with him were shuffling and running up the stairs.

"I don't want your help, don't you understand? I have to do this, I have to kill you. Or he'll kill her, them," he cried. My heart broke watching him like this, he didn't have a choice.

Bellatrix ran up the steps, admiring the fact that Draco and Dumbledore are in mid-confrontation, "Well-well-well. Look what we have here," she snarked.

"Good evening Bellatrix, I think introductions are in order," Dumbledore smiled. This man is a step closer to death and he's smiling at a maniac who has escaped from Azkaban, genius.

"Love to Albus but I'm afraid we're on a bit of a tight schedule," she replied. Facing Draco she hissed at him, "Do it." 

I flinched as Draco took a step away from the maniac. Harry had his wand drawn up at the two and I tugged onto his arm. We jumped slightly once there was a creak next to us and Snape had his wand drawn at us, shushing us.

He moved up the stairs. I looked back up to see Draco lowering his wand, his hands shaking with fear.

"No!" Snape bellowed, stepping into visible light. I took in a deep breath as I tugged Harry's arm further, terrified of what's going on.

"Severus, please," Dumbledore begged.

I looked to Harry who had his face fixed on Dumbledore and Snape. I looked up to see Draco trembling, I just wanted to go up and hug him but if I did that I'd surely be killed.

Then I heard it...

"Avada Kedavra!"

Harry placed his hand over my mouth as I let out a silent scream. Green flash hit Dumbledore and he fell back off the railing. I've never seen the killing curse before and the way it hit Dumbledore so instantly, I couldn't even breathe.

There were tears strolling down my face, my knees were weak. "Let's go! We have to go!" Snape yelled, pushing Draco down the stairs as they all ran out.

I looked to Harry who was in shock as I was, his own hands trembling but his grip on his wand stronger than ever. "S-Stay here," he choked.

He ran out of the room leaving me to my thoughts, I gulped as my breathing quickened. I followed after Harry, he was going to get himself killed.

He ran outside, heading into the courtyard after Snape. 

"Snape, he trusted you!" I ran after Harry but I saw Draco standing behind Snape, his eyes locking with mine as he shook his head, signalling me to leave.

I shoved past Harry as I let him take his anger out on Snape, I ran faster than the hills until I was in his arms. His strong arms wrapping around my back as he cried into my shoulder.

"Coraline, you have to leave! P-Please," he cried, cupping my face with his hands.

I shook my head, holding onto his hands, "No-No. You promised you would come back to me, Draco. No!" He choked on a sob as he kissed my forehead.

I wiped a tear away as I leaned for his face but was thrown back by a spell. I heard her cackle echo through me.

"Crucio!" She whispered.

The cruciatus curse was one of the worst ways to ever torture someone, it twisted your insides together. Your breath hitched as it stopped you from breathing, your heart did a temporary pause and your body was paralysed as the curse hit.

There was a high-pitch scream ejecting from my lips. I could hear Draco's scream topple over my own, "Please. Aunt Bella, STOP!"

"You're lucky she's pureblood," the crackpot spat. She kicked me in my ribs and I let out a cry of pain as she skipped past me. I laid still on the floor, I couldn't move. My insides still felt twisted together, I was gasping for air as my heart started again.

I felt a figure drop to the floor next to me, "Coraline. Coraline, please-"

The tears kept coming, they wouldn't stop. No matter how much I wanted to grab the boy in front of me and apparate us away, I couldn't move a muscle.

He moved my hair out of the way, cupping my face as he brought his trembling lips to my own. His once sweet taste now sour lingered on my tongue for a second longer.

"I love you, Coraline. Which is why I have to do this," he breathed, pointing his wand to me.

I shook my head, choking on my words. He loves me...

He took a deep breath, stared at me before shutting his eyes, "Obliviate!"

Everything went black.

AN: YOOOO!! I have been planning to write this chapter since I came up with the idea of this book and now it's finally here. When I tell you I am bursting with joy, I can't wait to write the next bits. 

The year isn't over yet haha but my eyes watered writing this. Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts and opinions. Love you all my lovelies :))