50

Mature Content Ahead - Read with Caution!!

I was sitting in the common room one evening, writing a letter to father about the progress I've made as a Vanderwal. I wrote about my encounter with Seamus along with the tryouts and how I'm being welcomed by more Slytherins.

Once I finished writing the letter, I opened my book and placed it on the first page. I was sitting by the fireplace and Harry, Hermione and Ron were sitting on the couch reading.

I took out a joint, liting it up and began smoking it as I read my book. Shakespeare's works are always my favourite to read, they are pretty interesting.

"Do you mind smoking that somewhere else?" I looked up to see Seamus raising his voice at me slightly. I scoffed, ignoring the boy who has been getting on my genuine nerves recently.

"I was talking to you," he snapped. I threw my head back, beginning to get annoyed by the boy's chatter.

"And I was ignoring you, well done Finnigan." I puffed another smoke out before dropping my head back down to my book.

Forty-eight seconds. That's how long it took for him to crack and I couldn't help but smile at what I was causing.

He stormed up to me, grabbing the joint that was just in my mouth and throwing it in the fire, "I told you to cut it out."

I stared at him before blowing the puff I held in my mouth, in his face. Once the smoke cleared off, I got a better view of his face and it was raging, badly.

"How dare-"

"Shove it up your ass, Finnigan," I bellowed. I grabbed my book and headed out of the common room, not bothered to further the argument.

Seamus did constantly piss me off in the past but we never had a relationship where we were constantly cruel to each other. It did break my heart that he was treating me badly because of who I was.

I walked all the way around the school, surprisingly no teachers caught me. I was glad considering I had another joint in my hand and it was well past curfew. 

I decided to head over to the astronomy tower, it was always an empty place. Walking up the stairs, it all brought back memories of Draco, memories of how we fucked the place up.

I open the doors only to be met by his back, "Get out!" He was startled by my sudden tone and presence but brushed it off quickly.

"I was here first, Vanderwal." I rolled my eyes before joining him, he was leaning against the railings, enjoying the view.

Deciding to play nice, I offer him my joint and he raises his brows before taking it. "Why do you smoke so much?" 

"Coping mechanism. Why are you so depressed this year?" I challenged, pushing him to answer me.

He doesn't say anything for a second, just enjoying the wonders of air and smoke mixed together. "I have shit going on too," is all he says.

"Whatever," I huffed and snatched the joint back from him, needing to relax.

There was a longing pause, neither of us knowing what to say. We haven't had a proper conversation in over two months and it feels weird being back here, knowing where this is where everything began kind of.

"Are you going to tell me what happened to you over the summer?" He asked suddenly, causing me to look up at him.

I chuckled slightly as I put out my smoke, "Only if you tell me what happened to you." He scoffed before leaning back against the wall of the tower.