17

I woke up to Hermione hitting my shoulder with a pillow. "What the hell, Mione? Fuck off," I groaned, turning around from her to get some sleep.

"The Gryffindor perfect is outside, said you're late for some thing," Mione said. 

I instantly jumped out of my bed, "Shit! Merlin, fuck I'm late!" I wore a pair of jeans and a hoodie whilst tying my hair up in a messy bun. I waved Hermione goodbye and dashed downstairs to a frustrated fifth-year prefect.

He scowled me for being late and dragged me down to the Great Hall where to my surprise everyone was already there, doing their jobs. "I found her!" He shouted and everyone's heads turned in my direction, some of them shooting me a glare.

I run up to Malfoy who was in mid-conversation with the Slytherin prefect. "I'm so sorry, I completely forgot," I said to the two of them. They rolled their eyes in sync before going back into the conversation.

"Here, you guys will be setting up the table. Make sure they're not a fuck up," Aiden snapped, mainly towards me. I glared at him before he rolled his eyes and walked away.

I grabbed the box of table supplies and walked towards one of the circular tables in the middle of the hall. "I thought Gryffindor's were meant to be on time," Malfoy chuckled from my left. "They are, I couldn't sleep last night," I huffed.

"Oh? Why?" He questioned me. I turned to face him and could tell he had a genuine look on his face, almost as if he was worried. "My grandmother's funeral is in two days, Malfoy. I'm just stressed," I lied.

He seemed to drop the conversation which I was thankful for, unfortunately, he didn't hesitate to open his fat gob up again, "So, who are you taking to the Yule Ball?" I gave him a questioning look, "Why, are you jealous?"

"Pft, no. Just making conversation, Scott," he stammered. I rolled my eyes before letting him know I was going with a friend. "I presume Martinez?" He dropped. I scoffed at him, "No, Leo already has a beautiful date."

He rolled his eyes before helping me set the candles down. I couldn't help but wonder if he's taking anyone, I mean he's a Malfoy so I guess he has to take someone, right?

"Who are you taking?" I asked before I could even process what I'm doing. "I'm not taking anyone," he mumbled. I felt like he wasn't being honest with me but what more could I have asked for.

Three hours later, the Great Hall was finally decorated and ready for tonight. The prefects excused us and said they would let Dumbledore know how much of a help we were. 

"I'll see you tonight, Scott!" I turned around to see a smirk growing on his face. "See you, ferret boy," I blew a kiss and watched his smirk fall.

I made a run for it but he caught up with me and dragged me into an empty classroom.

---

That Evening

Hermione, Lavender, Fay and I were in our dorm getting ready well rather they were. I sat on my bed contemplating whether or not I want to wear the dress I got sent. 

"Coraline, you haven't even done your hair and makeup," Hermione gasped as she opened the curtains of my bedpost, causing the other two to follow her.

I groaned before the three girls dragged me off of my bed and sat me down on the floor. "Why am I on the floor exactly?" I asked but all I received was a shush.

Lavender sat in front of me and Fay behind, I now realised that they were trying to do my hair and makeup. "Guys, I don't need to look nice, oka-" I began to argue with the girls but all I received was a stern quieting from Mione.