59

The Weasley's are the kindest souls I have ever encountered. I thought once the news about my family comes out, they would not want anything to do with me anymore due to what my family has done to them.

They welcomed me back with open arms despite my nagging at Harry and Ron who insisted I join them considering they didn't want me to be alone on Christmas. Despite that, I have constantly apologised to each Weasley about fifteen times.

They are pretty much fed up now.

"Coraline, please stop apologising. Mum's going insane," Ron groaned, throwing a bean at me from across the table.

"I-I just feel like a burden. You are all too kind and I don't want to make any of you uncomfortable, truly," I sighed, gazing down at the table.

I felt Mrs. Weasley's comforting arms wrap around me as she placed a kiss on my head, "You are not a burden, Coraline. Never have been. We love you for you."

I got a little emotional at her words, they truly are people I wish my family looked upon. They don't know what happened to me, courtesy of Ronald who respected my privacy.

"Now, you two. Take these pastries out to the living room, I'm pretty sure Harry and Ginny are there," she chuckled, clapping her hands together before giving Ron the plate of pastries.

"Probably manipulating my sister," I heard Ron mumble and I couldn't help but slap his head.

Everyone knows there is something going on between Harry and Ginny, despite how much they deny it. They both like each other but are too much of cowards to admit it - well Harry is.

We walk in to see Harry and Ginny sitting on the couch, Ginny clearly shoving a pie in his mouth. "Ron..." I warn but the idiot goes ahead and sits himself in between Harry and Ginny.

Cockblock.

The four of us sat in silence, clearly, we interrupted something. "So, Ron, don't you think we should go get ready for bed?" I send him a look.

"No, I'm not tired. I want pie," he pouts, leaning back into the couch and causing Harry and Ginny to move away from him a little.

I roll my eyes before standing up and grabbing his ear, "Get your arse up Ronald Weasley, you can help the twins." I dragged him all the way upstairs, Harry sent me a thank you.

"Stop being a cockblock and go see what Fred and George are doing," I snapped, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Can we go back to hating each other?" He mumbled, thinking I wouldn't hear. With one look he ran upstairs to see what Fred and Goerge were doing.

An hour or so goes by and I'm upstairs looking outside the window as Lupin and Tonks head home. The atmosphere in the air looked awful, terribly, made me get a horrible feeling in my gut.

I went back to writing in my diary when suddenly there was a flash of orange light outside. I looked to see fire surrounding the burrow, when I heard footsteps rushing down I quickly ran after them.

"Ginny!" I heard Mrs. Weasley scream.

Harry and Ginny both ran into the pit of fire and not knowing what else to do I ran after them.

"Coraline, NO!" I heard Mr. Weasley shout but I didn't care, I wasn't going to let my friends die at the hands of whatever maniac is causing this.

I could hear maniacal laughter, that laughter felt way too familiar and it was putting an awful feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I could see someone standing in the middle of the lake and I ran inside the water. "Ginny!" I let out a sigh of relief but she shushed me as she motioned for me to stand behind her.

There was rustling in the bushes as I could see a dark figure coming towards us. "Stand back!" I yelled, holding Ginny close to me. He looked like a death eater, an awful one.

Suddenly Harry throws both of us back as he throws a spell at the supposed death eater. There were spells hitting us front and back, Ginny and I grabbed each other's arms as we were mostly blocking spells.

We were joined by Lupin, Tonks and Mr. Weasley who were shielding us with their wands pointed out. But there were no signs of anyone anymore.

Instead, there was a loud bang with shattered glass.

"Molly!" Mr. Weasley mumbled and we all ran back to the house only to see it's on fire.

"NO!" I screamed and ran back inside the house that was falling down, my journal was still in there.

"Coraline!" I heard Ron and Harry screaming after me but I didn't care. I was not giving up that journal, no.

I started coughing as the fire was too much, I could barely see anything as my head started getting dizzy.

Out of nowhere, something hard and heavy fell on me and I let out an ear-piercing scream, my leg was caught in whatever fell on top of me.

I could hear my name being called but my eyes began shutting down slowly as everything went black.

--

My eyes opened and I painfully sat up to see I'm in a room. My arms hurt terribly and I had the worst headache known to man, my hips felt awful as I could barely move.

The door opened and in walked Ginny only to be startled by my presence. "She's awake!" She yelled and at an instant, there were loud thumps of heavy footsteps getting closer.

Harry, Ron, Fred and George all ran into the room. Harry and Ron shoved past Ginny as they pulled me into a bone-crushing hug.

"Y-You guys a-are HURTING m-me!" I choked, trying to push the two idiots off of me.

"Sorry, blimey. I should bloody well hurt you for being a complete git," Ron began yelling, Ginny having to calm him down.

I sat up slightly eyeing the five of them, "What even happened?"

"You ran into the house when it was set on fire but you passed out from the smoke. You were also crushed by burning wood hence the bandages around your arm," Harry explained, motioning to my arms.

I had two white bandages wrapped around my arms, they hurt like hell but I guess that's why. 

"Pretty crazy, you were," Fred chuckled, sitting down on the left side of my bed.

"Yeah, kept crying about a journal," George added on, sitting on the right side of my bed.

My eyes widened as I looked at the boys in panic, "My journal- I-I No."

Harry chuckled before placing the red journal on my lap. "The boys acciod everyone's belongings the second the fire began. Your journal is fine," Harry said.

"Thank you," I whispered as I clutched onto the journal.

"I'll send mum over to give you a potion for your hip," Ginny softly said before she ran out of the room.