46

TW: Mentions of abuse 

~ Start of Sixth Year ~ 

How does it feel to be loved and appreciated? If you know, tell me.

My heart still isn't working properly and it's day 46. I still don't feel anything, not even the pain. The bruises are still with me, haven't even vanished. He doesn't allow mother to heal them, part of my long-lasting punishment.

He's finally allowing me to go to Diagon Alley. I haven't left my room for 26 days, you get used to it after the tenth day. Bartholomew is to pick me up today and "supervise me" whilst we go together.

It's still on my mind, the bad things stay with you. You can't escape them, even if you want to.

I'll write again if I am not dead by tomorrow,

Coralina Vanderwal

------------------------------------------

"Coraline, it's me. I'm coming in!" Mother entered my room with another plate of food, I haven't eaten in over two days.

I sat down at the edge of my bed, wrapping my blanket around myself, "I'm not hungry."

She placed it down on my bedside table before sitting on a chair, keeping her distance from me. "You have to eat, it's been two days," she sternly said.

I shook my head, not wanting to do anything. She exhaled pretty loudly before standing up, "Bartholomew will be here in twenty-minutes. Dress appropriately please." 

I nodded before I heard her footsteps. I stood up, walking over to her and grabbing her wrist, "Is he here?" She shook her head and I felt a weight of relief leave my mind.

Once the door slammed shut, I opened my wardrobe to find something appropriate to wear. The bruises on my neck were still pretty visible as were the wounds on my chest which went all the way down to my legs.

I picked out a black dress which unfortunately did not cover the bruises on my chest and matched it with sheer tights to hide the wounds on my legs. I brushed my hair down before I grabbed my robe and headed downstairs.

My mother was sitting in the kitchen alongside Charlie and his mother, Meredith. "Dear, you're finally down," my mother smiled, gesturing for me to come in.

"Hello Bartholomew, aunt Meridith," I smiled, standing next to my mother.

My aunt nodded her head at me before sending Charlie towards me. "Be safe you too," mother chimes in, mainly talking to me. 

"We will, aunt Klarissa," Charlie beams.  I haven't heard a familiar voice in a long time, it feels oddly weird.

Charlie drags me into the living room where the fireplace is and where most of my recent trauma's occurred. "What the bloody hell happened to you?" Charlie asked, pointing to my chest and neck.

I quickly covered it with my hair before walking past him, grabbing the flu powder and standing under the fireplace, "Diagon Alley!"

I was standing in the fireplace of Diagon Alley, the visitor's one, and quickly moved out the way when I heard the beeping that someone is coming. 

Charlie flew out and patted his clothes down, the second he looked up at me I quickly jumped into his arms, hugging my cousin.

"I'm sorry, my father placed charms inside of the house. I couldn't speak unless given permission," I cried out.

He pulled me away, taking the hood of my robe off of me and staring at my fucked up self. I had three cuts on my face, two horrendous bruises on my neck followed by four smaller bruises on my chest - those were just the visible ones.

"Who-"

I cut him off before I dragged him into the alley, leaning against the wall. "I'll tell you but you can't tell anyone," I whispered, looking around to make sure no one is around to hear us.

He nodded his head and so I explained. I explained to him everything that went down from the second I arrived home till last night. I explained how I was abused and tortured by my own father for everything I had done these past five years.

Befriending a Potter.

Befriending a Weasley.

Befriending a Mudblood.

Changing my name to Scott.

Putting shame onto the family name.

"He put all of those- he put them on you?" Charlie asked, to which I nodded my head slowly. I heard him scoff before he pulled me into a hug, "I would strangle the fucker if I could."

"He'd probably put his hands on you too. But, I'm fine, just ready to get out of here tomorrow. Let's go there is somewhere I want to visit," I say before tying my hair up and pulling the hood up to hide my face.

Charlie and I walked up and I directed the both of us to the one shop I was eager to visit - Weasley's Wizard Wheezes.

There was a big risk of everyone seeing me but I didn't care, I needed to make sure my friends were okay.

"You want to come here? Coraline, I don-" He began but I cut him off, "I need to make sure they're okay. It'll be quick."

We entered the shop and no one cared to notice me, mainly because my hood was up. "Do you mind if I wait outside? I'm not exactly welcomed, Coraline," Charlie asked and I nodded at him.

I walked around, heading for the stairs to get a better view of everyone. I walked up and leaned against the railing, I could see the back of Harry's head which made me smile, he was fine I seriously worry too much.

I couldn't spot Ronald or Hermione anywhere, the crowd was too big and I was feeling very proud of Fred and George - they were finally doing something useful with their jokes.

Charlie was waving at me from outside the window and I rolled my eyes before grabbing my robe and running down the stairs. I couldn't see where I was going, only the floor, so I wasn't surprised when I bumped into someone and fell down.

"Oh my god! Let me help you-" That voice was too familiar, my heart was aching as I accepted his hand and got up. Unfortunately, my hood came off revealing myself to the three people that I feared to see here the most.

Their mouths were hanging open and I tilted my head to the side, confused. I followed their eyes down to my chest and neck and quickly gasped, fuck. 

"Coraline-" Hermione gasped, her hand moving to her mouth as she hid her emotions.

I snatched my hand away from Harry's before putting my hood back on and running outside. "Come on, Charlie," I whisper-shouted, dragging him with me.

I heard Hermione's voice that was calling for me closen but I ignored it as I ran faster. "Do you mind telling me where-" 

Charlie's words were cut off as I bumped into another hard figure. I looked up to see none other than him. The boy who's been on my mind all summer, the boy who I thought about for the past 46 days.

He looked awful, he had his black suit on along with his blonde locks gelled nicely back. The bags under his eyes were only what looked like the beginning and his skin looked paler than ever.

I quickly got up before running towards the fireplace, grabbing floo powder and yelling, "Vanderwal Manor!"

AN: And so everything begins :))