03. the preparations

❝Love wins if it's true.❞

Kriti's P.O.V

While walking towards his car, I realized that I didn't call him to pick me up, then how did he come? And, how did he get my number? Am I even ready to marry him? A trail of questions lined up in my mind until I bumped into his car & came back to my senses. I went & sat on the passenger's seat while he was on the driving seat, of course.

"Hey" I said as a civilized person but he, being he, didn't answer back. Great. So well mannered, I thought.

"I have no interest in marrying you." he said until we reached halfway to our destination.

"Wait, you really think I want to marry you?" I bounced back with my reply.

"Well, why wouldn't you...I am rich, hot, famous & the captain of the Indian cricket team. I am a perfect guy to get married." he said way too confidently.

"You think too highly of yourself Naman." I said.

"Well, don't lie...don't you find me hot?" he asked with a smirk & a deep husky voice.

"What? Hot Huh? I don't even find you good leave behind hot." I answered. I don't know why I felt strange after answering that. Did I lie? Is he hot? Don't say it.
Don't dare to say it.
He is hot.
Shit.
I was thinking about him, when suddenly I felt a jerk. "What the f*ck" I yelled.

"Calm down, love. It was just a speed breaker." He said with a more husky voice. Shit. What the hell is happening to me? My mind was repeating the moment when he said 'love'.

I didn't say anything for the rest of the journey & finally, we reached. As I stepped down the car, Naman's mom saw me & came towards me, smiling. As she approached, she hugged me.

"How are you beta? Did Naman take you here properly?" she asked politely.

"Yes aunty & I'm fine." I said smiling at her.

"Beta, start calling me mom from now." she said. I was so overwhelmed by her nature. She is so good. Again the same question, why the hell is Naman so rude? I was thinking about it until a manly voice interrupted us.

"Mom let's go inside otherwise the people will gather around." he said looking around the surroundings.

Also, I forgot to mention that we've came here in one of my outlets. Because being a fashion designer has its perks. This one is actually the 'Indian ethic' outlet & almost all the dresses here are either designed by me or colour contrasted by me. So, it's kinda cool.

We entered the showroom & as I stepped in the head of that branch came towards me.

"Good afternoon ma'am, how are you?" he said looking surprised & happy at the same time.

"I'm good Kunal. How's everything going on in here?" I asked while looking around.

"Ma'am since you've supervised us, it has become amazing. The staff is also good here & they are very enthusiastic." he said in a professional manner.

"That's great. So, today I'm not here as a supervisor but as a customer. Actually it's my wedding soon...so had to go for shopping." I said smiling or blushing to be more precise.

"Congratulations ma'am." He said with a wide smile.

"Thank you...umm, introductions, Kunal she is my mother-in-law to be & mom he is Kunal. He, Kunal, is Naman...my husband-to-be. And Naman, he is Kunal." I said. I felt a little flip in my stomach when I said 'my husband-to-be'. Naman & Kunal shaked hands while mom smiled at him & he smiled back.

"Sir, I'm a big fan of yours. When you scored the century in India Vs Australia...I literally hooted so loudly that my neck sprained. And I couldn't move it.

"Haha...thank you." Naman said, chukling.

Then, we started looking for the appropriate outfits. Naman was behaving as if he was so uninterested but then his mom scolded him & he started behaving well. Can you imagine The Naman Mehra is afraid of his mom? I guess I have a weapon against him now. Yay!

"Beta, you guys decide...I am leaving for an urgent work." his mom said. Well being a doctor ain't easy at all. Yes, his mom is a doctor. You can get emergencies any time & I quote 'anytime'. Coming back, I was left with this devil, Naman, alone.
Don't leave.
Shit.
I started looking for clothes, for me. He can find his own clothes couldn't he? Or is he still a little kid. I bet he would've been so grumpy back when he was a kid.
The Grumpy Naman Mehra.
Perfect.

I went towards the manager, Kunal, & said "Kunal, I wanted a lehenga actually & to be honest, I'm more on the darker palette. I like reds & blacks & maroons...you know." I realized Naman was just behind me by the time I spoke this.

"Okay, ma'am. I think, I have an idea on what you are looking for. Umm, sir do you have any preferences?" he asked to Naman.

"Umm, I like the dark colours as well, so I guess you'll find some combos or something. Right?" Naman's reply left me shocked. I expected a rude reply but now he was interested in the colour of his damn wedding outfit.
He is so weird.

After sometime, Kunal showed us some outfits but we didn't like anyone. I kept looking for a suitable outfit until my eyes stopped on a dark golden-ish (if that's a colour) lehenga & a sherwani. It actually looked elegant as well as decent. Without saying anything to anyone, I quickly went towards the place where it was hung & I started looking at it.

Naman's P.O.V.

Both of us were looking for appropriate outfits for the engagement but we couldn't find one. I was so irritated. Then, I looked at her & she was already staring something...dur to curiosity, I went towards her & saw that she was looking at a beautiful outfit for both of us.
It was beautiful.
Simple yet elegant.
Appropriate.
And...
Don't say it.
No.
Don't say it.
Hot.
Shit.
Yes, it was looking hot as hell lol.

I wrapped my arms around her to which her body froze & I let out a giggle.

"Wh...what ar-are you...d...doing?" she asked me & believe me, her stammering made it so clear that no one has touched her like this or maybe it's me.

"What? I can't even touch my fiancé?" I asked her & I emphasized on the word 'fiancé'. She just glared at me, which made me giggle.

After that we did the rest of our shopping with a few 'distraction' breaks. Haha. And then, I dropped her to her house & went to sleep at mine.

Author's note:

Hey Guys!

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter & it you did, then please make sure to give this an upvote & write down a comment! All those comments, even emojis mean a lot to me & they motivate me a lot. So, please comment.

And to all my silent readers, I want to hear from you guys! So, please show up.
Vote. Comment. Follow. Add to your reading list for updates.
I'll see you guys super soon, with a new chapter.

And, I asked you guys if I should write some quotes in the end...but you didn't reply, never mind, tell me now!

I love you N, always. <3
I love you guys.
Stay safe.
प्यार से,
K.