Chapter 46《Luckiest woman》

Finn

It was 7.30 PM. My parents could come any time. Food is also ready.

Rossie is so nervous about them. She had checked food several times. She truly wanted to make everything normal.

We were sitting on the couch waiting for them. She is anxiously watching time again and again.

I sensed her tension so I put my hand on hers and said ," Rossie, everything will be fine. Don't need to worry okay."

She gave me a weak smile and nodded.

I can't see her in tension.

I moved closer to her and hugged her.
She wrapped her hands tightly around me and sighed in relief.

I think this is what she needed right now,  my support. And I will stand by her side till death.

"I am always with you Rossie. And remember that nobody's opinion matter for me. You are my wife and no one can change that. "

She smiled and gave a small peck on my lips.
But I didn't got satisfied with a small kiss. I held her to kiss her again when the door bell rung.
I sighed and released her and she signalled me to open the door.

I opened the door and welcomed my parents.
They came inside and I directly led them to dining table.
They sat down and Rossie served them food and sat beside me.

Neither did they said something nor did us.
We were having dinner in complete silence.
The situation was getting awkward and I can sense Rossie's uneasiness. She was becoming more nervous.

She looked at me , I squeezed her hand and then she said ," Mr. Scott I hope you would give me another chance to prove myself as a good wife for Finn."

My mother looked at her disgustingly.

My father looked up from his food and said,"Okay, I will give you one month. If in this one month I feel that you are not good for Finley then you have to leave him."

"Okay", she said .

Then we completed our food in silence.
This was the most awkward dinner I had in my whole life.

After dinner Rossie asked ," Would you like to have dessert?"

My father nodded .

After that we ate the dessert in silence.

Oh God this is becoming so awkward.

Then before leaving my father said,"Don't forget that we had a deal. If she would do anything wrong then you have to give her divorce."
Then they left.

I sighed in relief.

Finally they left. They made this situation so awkward.
I had never seen my Rossie this much nervous.

I sat on the couch when Rossie came towards me and sat on my lap and touched her forehead with mine. I felt so relief.