|44| Black Dahlia

BLACK:

/blak/

1.
of the very darkest color owing to the absence of or complete absorption of light; the opposite of white.

I stared at myself in the mirror and I wasn't impressed but this outfit was way better than the other fifty I had tried on. Who would have thought I could be this indecisive about clothes but I was so nervous I felt like I could puke my guts out. At this point I had even thought about dying and cutting my hair because it wasn't looking as great I had tried it all from tying it into a high ponytail, braiding it into a two cornrows and combed into two piggy tails and I looked fucking ridiculous. This indecisiveness was killing me from the inside out.

I need help and my sisters would be great help they are ones I would normally call in situations like these but that meant I would have to tell them where I was going I couldn't lie because they knew me to fucking well. So disclosing where I was headed but more particularly who I was going with well that's a conversation for another day hopefully way deep down into the future. So it seemed I was all my own and I didn't even have much time left to get ready so whatever I had now had to do.

As I tilted my head back and forth as I scrutinized every inch of my body and the clothing I had out on. I had slipped on washed-out boyfriend jeans and a long sleeved black crop top that had a skull right in the middle with the words "do or die" written in a eerily looking format. Not much skin was out just a slight peek of my tummy which was in between the jeans and top. I would have never worn this in a million years but times had changed starting with wearing what I wanted and not giving a crap what people thought. Because I had chosen to wear a top that was tight enough to show my back rolls and I didn't care. Proceeded to slipped on black and white Dior high tops and I placed my signature black dahlia earrings on.

I checked my phone as I had about ten minutes to kill before Jacob got here and when I looked in the mirror something was missing but couldn't figure out what it was. I glanced at the top of my vanity and some lip glosses and lipsticks scattered on top of it. There was one color that stood out. I wasn't much of a lipstick girl or a makeup girl at all but maybe I was but because I was afraid to try new things I wouldn't know. I rubbed my lips against each other to smoothen out the lipstick I just applied. I fixed the smudges at the edges of my mouth with the use of my index finger.

I actually liked it no scratch that I loved it, before I could explore my newly discovered love of makeup my phone buzzed. My nerves intensified as I rushed down the stairs. I wondered where he was going to take me, the whole week had passed by and he had refused to even give a hint and it was driving me insane. To say my life had changed at Garfield was an understatement I mean I got attention when I knocked the shit out Brooke a few nudges and whispers as I passed by but that was it. But word of being involved in something with Jacob had spread like wild fire people actually talked me a simple "hey" or "I like your shoes" like I was some fucking celebrity. I could only hope it was only for this week and that everything was going to go back to normal soon.

His red Ferrari was parked at the bottom of the stairs that led to the driveway he was leaning against the left side of the car while looking down towards his phone which was in his hand. His hair looked beautiful as it hung loose with the light breeze blowing it, he was dressed in all black as usual with silver chains glistening from the light given by the sun. As if he felt my eyes careless wandering around his figure he looked up and he pushed his hair back so he could look at me clearly and my stomach began to backflip. Carefully placing his cellphone into the pocket of the hoodie he wore with his eyes on me, watching me descending from the stairs. Tucking both of his hands underneath his arms and slowly leaning back further onto the car giving me his full attention. His eyes slowly traced every inch of my body from top to bottom like hot chocolate being slowly poured over ice cream tracing each curve as it was. I felt like I could trip at any moment because of the intensity of his gaze.