|4| Meeting the Knight

KNIGHT
/nʌɪt/
noun

1. |a man devoted to the service of a woman or a cause.|

"So how does it feel like to live with a celebrity?" Jazz asked as we walked back to my locker after we had just finished debate which was surprisingly not as bad as I thought it would be. I had to get some stuff from my locker before we headed back to our cars in the parking lot.

"Normal guess." I shrugged trying to down play her question.

"Normal is having a house wife of a mother and a father who owns a small family oil company like my parents. Living with Lily LeClaire only the worlds most accomplished fashion and makeup guru and have the worlds biggest real estate investor as father is not normal."

"What are you stalking my parents now?"

"No but it's common knowledge, no wonder Brooke doesn't like you she is probably jealous hell even I am."

I think Jazz was taking it a bit far I mean yes my mother was Miss United States twenty eight years ago and then she went on and became Miss Universe in the same year. She did graduate from Stanford as her class's valedictorian with some degree I don't even know about because she said my dad swept her off her feet just when she discovered she wanted to create LeClaire cosmetics all organic brands. She never saw the use in whatever she had studied so she followed her dream I guess she just got lucky it all worked out for her because shit like that doesn't happen to everyone. LeClaire Cosmetics has been the world's top cosmetics brands for as long as I can remember. Yes she archived a lot at such a young age including being a mother to my elder sisters Ocean and Deja at the time but what the world doesn't know is my mother is a big softy who cries over almost everything and she isn't always as clam and collective as she is on the countless tv interviews I have seen her in.

"Now cool your balls, Brooke Bailey has nothing to be jealous about, I mean it's Brooke Bailey we are talking about here."

"Yeah, yeah but your dad made it on to the Forbes list as the third most successful business man in the whole fucking world if I may remind you."

The charming Grant Pricce wasn't only known for his slick business man abilities but for being the world's bravest businessman my father did things many men feared to do with their businesses. But like he always says we only regret the chances we never take. Many thought my father would marry some rich assholes daughter to conjoin companies or whatever but instead he yet again surprised the world by marrying the worlds famous model of that time with nothing but a few crowns and a huge charisma and a small makeup business she had just opened.

"I think you love my parents more than I do." I joked.

"Can I be adopted, is too late to be an adopted Pricce?"

I laughed as we made our way to my locker.

"Oh shoot."

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"I think I forgot my bag in the locker room. You go ahead and grab you stuff and I will meet you in the parking lot."

"Ok."

After she left the halls became uncomfortably quiet and felt all the horrid memories slowly coming back. I took a deep breath and I walked towards my locker trying my hardest to push them away and I began to think about the things I loved the most instead, Dr. Williams said doing that would decrease my chances of me getting a panic attack. Just when I thought I had my shit together as soon as I reached my locker, the devil herself stood right next to it with her puppets next to her. Great just great, I really thought I had this day in the bag.