|49| Shot gun

SEVERED BONDS:

Severing relationship or connection that you have with someone, you end it suddenly and completely.

I shouldn't have googled her.

The guilt was eating me alive from googling Jacob's mother whose name was Rebecca Rossi-Knight now that I knew more, so many questions remained unanswered. She was a famous Italian gallerist who married American business tycoon Christopher Eric Knight. Her shining empire was the Shining Stones which consisted of 51 art galleries in total all across the world.

Gallerists are art dealers who are the cogs in the art world machine that keep the wheels turning. These dealers sustain the market for emerging artists, support established artists throughout their careers, and contribute to the art scene through the work they choose to exhibit, buy, and promote. From taking chances on new talent to the long-term nurturing of artists' careers, these canny operators have a hand in the art world from introducing hot new things to market, assisting collectors to build their collections, to the work we see in public museum collections all over the world. Rebecca Rossi-Knight was responsible for launching the career of white-hot French artist Camille Henrot, and her establishment the Shining Stones also represented established artists such as Martin Parr, Huang Yong Ping, and Anish Kapoor.

Other than what a famous gallerist she was I read many articles and it showed how loved she was, praised by many. She died because of Leukemia which was caught late. In the art world she was basically the goddess of bringing soulful artists to the world's eye, and she was drop dead gorgeous from the pictures I had seen. Long luscious brown hair and big beautiful green eyes and whenever I saw pictures of her smiling it reminded me of Jacob because he had her smile. However everything else he had inherited from his father from his dark hair, blue eyes even his body structure he was the definition of a cardboard copy of Eric Knight. Not much about Thalia Knight was on the internet just that she died in a car crush ten years ago. And no indication of a Link Knight either, maybe it was Jacob's nickname growing up I think his third name is Lincoln if I remember correctly.

How ironic was it that Rebecca had given birth to an artist herself, one who was too afraid to show the world his work. It broke my heart Jacob was never going to get the chance to show his mother who had become or what he could create with just paint a brush and paper. I wondered what had made pick the brush up in the first place was his talent, something he was born with or he learnt along the way.

"Are you ok?" Jazz asked, I was in deep thought. I tend to have this look on my face when I'm thinking makes me seem angry so I've been told.

"Yeah totally, just thinking." I said with a smile on my face shaking off the memory of the Knights. I picked up the cup and had a sip of my mocha.

"You know you've been like this lately, I mean you've totally ditched us for that hot piece of ass and when you are with us you are always daydreaming." Kate sighed.

"Kate, that's so inappropriate." Jazz said with a disapproving head shake.

"She isn't wrong who wouldn't get lost in those deep blue eyes don't get me started on the body." Vic drooled, taking Kate's side. My face began to turn red at the thought of Jacob. We were at my favorite coffee spot. I had been nagged to come and hang out given I hadn't been spending much time with the girls.

"What were you really thinking about? I bet it was a daydream about those hot abs and you licking them." Kate suggested as she lifted her eyebrows up and down.

"Or better yet him and her doing the nasty till he blows her back out." Victoria suggested and both her and Kate began laughing. My mind went back to the day when Jacob and I had done some stuff and could feel the heat creeping up my neck. Suddenly the laughing stopped.