|13| Did someone say party?

PARTY
/ˈpɑːti/
noun
1.
a social gathering of invited guests, typically involving eating, drinking, and entertainment.

As looked over at Jazz instructing Vic's media team on how the flyers where supposed to look like I still couldn't believe that we were still planning a party the same day Brooke was. Everyone was already into it except me. God I was freaking out but couldn't say anything to the girls they seemed like they had this in the bag, I haven't been to a high school party so how was supposed to plan one? Heck even host one. Kate was dealing with the drinks and snacks Mia was spreading the word just in case others wouldn't get the flyers. Vic had been helping Jazz with the flyers and I did absolutely nothing because I had no idea what to do, I knew this was a bad idea why do I get the feeling that this is a bad, bad idea like something wrong is going to happen on Saturday which was only less than 24 hours away.

"Why didn't just do cards like what Brooke did?" Kate asked as she stepped into the media room with a box full of colored paper.

"Because we are not Brooke and flyers are classic they always do the job. Cards are to personal whereas flyers are universal. Trust me this way everyone will know."

"Right." Kate answered not showing that she got a word of what Jazz had said.

"And what if no one turns up." I ask.

"Highly impossible I mean who wouldn't want free booze and weed." Vic said.

"Wait what? No one said anything about bringing drugs and alcohol into my parents house."

"Chill Ellie, weed is medicinal and how else are we supposed to throw a party without a little booze don't worry everything is going to be fine." Jazz assured me.

"What's up with you anyway, you of all people don't seem to be a fan of hosting a rival party against Brooke?" Kate questioned.

"Yeah what's wrong I thought that what you wanted this party as much we all do but by the looks of it you don't seem to be into it." Jazz said.

"No it's not that.... I just think... I don't know... you know what never mind it's just probably pre-party jitters." I said while plastering a small smile on my face no way was I going to tell them that this could be a total waste of time.

"You sure?" Kate asks.

"Yeah totally, where is Mia anyway isn't she supposed to be here helping out?" I purposely brought up Mia to remove all attention away from me.

"She went down to Wilson high she said she knows someone from there who can spread the word for us there."

They continued printing out the flyers and when they where done we walked around after school handing them out to everyone. I never told the girls that I saw a few of the people throw them into the bin as soon as we handed the flyer to them. I knew it.. I called it this is going to be a total disaster. Good thing my parents went to Greece two days ago leaving the house the house to me along with Rosy and Lucy the housekeepers and Fred the chef somehow I talked all of them in leaving early tomorrow and not coming back till Monday so that I could throw this party. I swear if Summer was here she would be proud of me along with Deja for throwing a party and both mum and dad don't know but Ocean on the other hand not so much. She has always been the 'mum' figure whenever both our parents are not there I guess she feels obligated to being like that since she is the oldest.

"I heard Brooke didn't invite Cameron Carter to her party." Kate began.

"Really?" Vic said.

"Yeah even Zeke and Ryan weren't invited to."