|53|Voiceless

SIBLINGS

/ˈsɪblɪŋ/

plural noun: siblings

each of two or more children or offspring having one or both parents in common; a brother or sister.

I've thought about what I would say once I saw Luke but looking at him now I just didn't know what to say. And to make matters worse I just had to bump into him with Jacob here. Jacob has gone to get our coffee. We were at Mike Millie's the last place I thought I would see Luke considering I thought he was halfway across the world. Did he get back from his dirt bike riding tournament ? I would know considering I had been avoiding his calls for the past week or so. He was walking towards me and I looked over to the counter where Jacob was preoccupied in the shop.

"Fancy seeing you here, pretty lady." He said with a small leather bag in his hand behind him was his bike and the helmet dangling on the left handle.

"You see, the first thing I did was come here in hopes of finding you. I didn't think I would strike the jackpot if I'm being honest." He said with a big smile on his face.

"What, I don't get a hug?" His arms were wide open. I gave him an awkward tight smile as I looked back at Jacob who was still at the counter. When I looked back at Luke he was staring inside the coffee shop probably wondering who I was looking at.

"Don't tell me someone had swept you off of your feet already before me." He joked. When I didn't laugh his fears were confirmed.

"Could we talk for a bit." I said ignoring his request for a hug he seemed to look back into the shop just wondering what had caught my attention.

"I don't like this tension Ellie, what's going on? You mad I didn't tell you I was coming back soon?" He joked even though he could tell something was up he still smiled it broke my heart to think a person so kind hearted as me could absolutely ruined some poor girls life all for a stupid bet and for a laugh with his friends and ruining his sisters life in the midst of it all.

"We need to talk." I said once again as we walked away from the window. "About Marina." As soon as his name fell out of my lips his face dropped and I could see the guilt and shock form on his face as well as his eyes.

"Jazz told me everything, now it's your turn to tell me, although I don't think whatever you say will change my mind. Jazz is very dear to me and I don't think I could ever want to lose her over anything and as heartless as I sound I don't think I would want to lose her to the likes of someone like you."

He was quiet.

"I guess you already know the ultimatum she gave me don't you?" I said.

"Please don't do this." He said the desperation was evident in his voice and he dropped the bag he held. It was if knew she told me it was either him or her.

He had such beautiful big brown eyes, ones you could fall for in an instant, ones that make you believe whatever he says they have this warmth that makes you wanna be around him all the time. He is a great friend. I will give him that but no I wonder was that all an act? Or did he really enjoy my company?

Jasmine has never been the sociable type even before knowing her. I knew that much. Both of us have suffered at the hands of people like Brooke Bailey because we are different. I'm not as strong as her but I know the pain I felt she felt too. For someone who is strong willed she suffers from a severe case of glossophobia, which is an extreme fear of talking in front groups of people. She has these brilliant ideas she would want to share with the world but she can't because speaking up terrifies her. And the fact that Luke played a big role in creating this makes me sad and mad.