|25| Peppermint Mocha

BEVERAGE
/ˈbɛv(ə)rɪdʒ/

noun
noun: beverage; plural noun: beverages
(chiefly in commercial use) a drink other than water.

His hands where felt hot on my skin as he placed them on my waist. Somehow they had snuck under my shirt and held my bare waist. Warmth radiated from the spots where his lips had touched my neck, it slowly spread through the rest of me and when his lips touched my skin mind sparks flew in every direction, and the world was slowly disappearing around us, along with all my worries, his troubles and our problems. It wasn't gentle and soft like the last time it was fast, urgent almost as if he was running out of time. He was undoubtedly hungry I could feel it from the way he touched me and the way he-

"Next.. are you in line or what cause I got customers waitin?" The barista scolded me she definitely didn't like me and by the way she had been calling me she probably had been doing that for a while but I had been daydreaming for a long time. Damn that kiss it's been four days four fuckin days for crying out loud since it happened and I should be able to get a damn drink without having to think of that asshat or how nice his lips felt upon my own. I should have forgotten it by now cause I haven't heard from him since then. To be honest I was getting tired of his I'm here let's laugh and eat lunch together oh wait let me kiss the shit out of you and then disappear from the face of the fucken earth thing he had goin on.

He got so carried away and he left hickeys all over my neck all the way down to my collarbone which where very difficult to hide from the girls and my sisters. It's also why I was wearing a turtleneck in this weather they hadn't yet cleared maybe that's why this barista was looking at me funny, I probably looked ridiculous it was at least fifty degrees out there.

"I'm sorry, got a little preoccupied." I gave here a tight smile. But she rolled her eyes and kept on chewing her gum clearly she didn't give a shit.

"What is it gonna be today?" She asked whilst she stared at her black painted nails.

"Ummm, I'm going to have the peppermint mocha, with almond milk, no whip, no dark chocolate curls, and only one pump of peppermint-flavored syrup please." She unenthusiastically took my order and I went to take a seat at my usual table whenever I come here with Jazz. I have always liked Mike Millie's not only because of the drinks here but the place itself was so homey well besides this newly employed barista she was definitely bringing this place down.

Above all it was a great hiding place cause none of the people from my school ever come here so I was 100% sure I wouldn't bump into anyone I knew well that's besides Jazz and the girls of course. The place was downtown a little corner shop and even if the world was ending and this was the only place you could survive you would never find a rich kid from Garfield Prep in places like this. But jokes on them there where really missing out they had heaven sent drinks here. I needed to think with a good no calories beverage beside me the house was getting kind of getting a bit crowded.

All my sisters where back and the Pricce residence is enormous I'm talking twelve bathrooms and sixteen bedrooms and bunch of other rooms like a library, indoor pool, gym, spa and more unnecessary rooms big but with all my sisters there it feels like you are packed in a two roomed house. A girl could never get any privacy.

I needed space Jacob made me feel like this he made me restless, flustered and he still managed to make me blush all at the same time. And as much as I wanted to hate him I simply just couldn't anymore, I used to think he was a self absorbed prick who thinks he is too good to talk to anyone but he his shown me pieces of himself and now I know he has demons that he is wrestling and beneath all of them was just a cocky and funny boy who has the world as his oyster and he doesn't even know it yet.