|30| Hypocrite

HYPOCRITE

/ˈhɪpəkrɪt/

noun

hypocrite; plural noun: hypocrites

A hypocrite is a person who pretends to have certain beliefs, attitudes or feelings when they really do not.

If you would have come to me about six months ago and told me that I Ellie would be in a park doing nothing but talk to Jacob I would have laughed in your face. Maybe possibly flipped you off as well.

In this time I had learned that he hated pickles, and loved rainy days more specifically storms because there was something them being dull and twisted drew them to him. I understood where he was coming from someone with so much anger I would see why he liked them but from the perspective of someone who is still working through depression I think dark things are somewhat comforting I guess makes us think we aren't alone even though the reality of the matter is we are in deed all alone. It's funny if you really think about it Jacob and I are more alike than I would like to admit. We both have issues that people our age shouldn't have but somehow we are still here. I am not sure if we are ever going to be ok, but for now what we have will have to do. I don't know what he has been through but whatever it is it has ruined him in fact it has broken him. But I will find out whatever it is.

He went on and said something about how someone once told him that the rain washes away all our bad decisions, sins and regrets and only leaving a clean start so after a rainy day there is always hope well he didn't believe in that and up till this day he doesn't get it. I didn't get it either that person was too optimistic, I wonder why the hell they were even talking to Jacob doesn't seem like the kind of person who would hang around him.

He also hated playing sports but he hated watching them even more he wasn't even terrible in fact he is great at them, from what I heard so I didn't get why he would hate something he was good at but then again it's Jacob no one really knows how his head works. This was the most I have ever heard him speak and he didn't really say much. He kept on asking me questions about myself and he attentively listened to me and he asked more and more questions and I figured it was to avoid me asking him any. After the whole paint thing he brushed it off like it never happened.

He had asked me about why I loved algebra so much and I was giving him an answer.

"I don't know actually, I guess In its most general form, algebra is the study of mathematical symbols and the rules for manipulating these symbols I love math too but algebra it is a unifying thread of almost all of mathematics that's what I would like to think-....ummmmmm Jacob." I said cutting my explanation of why I loved algebra short

"Yes?"

"I have said enough you already know me, more than most people can I ask you something, I mean I know you hate questions and you-." I was willing to go on till he agreed but he cut me off.

"I do actually you know loathe questions, but since you asked I guess just one question wouldn't hurt but one that's it."

I really had the opportunity to ask him absolutely anything, I thought he would never agree but he had and lots of things were swimming inside my head but the one thing I wanted to know the most was.