|56| Playing with Fire

TURN ON:

excite or stimulate the interest of someone, especially sexually.

Due to my mothers excitement she kept blabbering about Jacob to just about anyone at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if my grandparents knew. And of course my sisters called me taking offense that I told mum about Jacob before them. Now all three couldn't wait to see just who hell he was. No pressure right?

"You know you seem more nervous than me." Jacob said as he squeezed my trembling hand.

"If you knew what you were up against you would be pacing up and down. How are you not nervous? The way you are so relaxed is actually making me more restless. Jacob forget about my mum or dad, my sisters are just something else and then we have Olive and grandpa Robert."

"Olive is your dad's sister.He's your dad's dad right."

"No my mum's dad, I think we should go back you can't even get the names straight I don't think this is a good idea why did I think this was a good idea we should go back we aren't that far from California it's not too late to turn back-." He used his free hand to turn my face towards him.

"Look at me."

Jacob's POV

I have never been nervous about anything in my life. The sensation was so foreign to me that the first time I have ever really felt it was when I was around her. Heaven makes me nervous and calm at the same time but when she had told me we were going to travel to Aspen to meet her family, her very very big family seems like a more appropriate term. I thought it would be fine.

But earlier I barely slept which had led me to begin painting in the middle of the night. If they hated me was I to give up the only solace in my life? I don't know if I would be able to live without her. But I've never been good at expressing my feelings, even if I'm nervous I can't show her that I am. She says she wants me to show it but I know if I was trembling as much as she is, Heaven would probably pass out. I have to be sane enough for the both of us that means I let be nervous while I keep her calm and collected.

"Look at me." I said and her eyes were beginning to water with so much emotion she tends to do that. It's like she can't cope with all of them at once so she cries even if she is agitated, sad, happy or even angry. I don't think she has even realized but she has quite the temper.

"Come'er." I said as I unbuckled the seatbelt she had been wearing so she could crawl onto my lap. Her family had already gone to Aspen. We were probably one of few people who hadn't arrived yet. She didn't want me to go together with anyone other than her because she wanted me to meet them on Christmas Day which was tomorrow. Currently we are in one of her parents' private jets and we are set to arrive at 10pm. I am to be locked in a room till the Christmas dinner when I was going to meet everyone, her orders.

As soon as she sat on me she tucked her head under my chin and laid it on my chest. Curled with her legs and arms around me like a little kitten that's frightened. She does that a lot—placing her ear on my chest listening to my heartbeat—I didn't even have to see her face to know she was closing her eyes.

"I made a painting last night."

"What color was it?" She always asks what color the painting is rather than what it is and my answer is usually.