Chapter 4

Sunday 27th of September 2009 – Peachtree City, Georgia

After church, Karen and Dan came back home. Now, it's almost half past noon, and Karen is preparing lunch for her, her husband, Jerry, and Erin. While she is making lunch, the rest of them are in the living room watching a baseball game. During the game, the house phone rings and Dan goes to answer the phone.

"O'Hara household, Dan speaking"

"Hello Dan, it's Paul Radcliffe, Kelley's coach"

"Did something happened to my daughter?", Dan asks a bit scared.

"Uhm... yes, you should sit down for this", Paul says.

Dan starts to panic at this and sits down.

"Okay I'm sitting down"

"Okay... I don't know how to break the news... so here we go...", the coach takes a deep breath before continuing, "There was a break in late last night by an alpha who doesn't go to Stanford. We believed he waited until the off weekend for most teams to be gone and that nobody was in the building. This guy went to Kelley's dorm room and knocked down her door then... then he proceeds to rape her."

"WHAT!?!", Dan yells shock and in anger. Due to the scream, the rest of the family comes running to him to see what's going down.

"Unfortunately, yes. He stated that he was her mate but she didn't feel the bond but he proceeded to rape her.", Paul continues.

"Did he managed to finish the m-mating?", Dan asks in tears and scared of the answer. Everyone around him gasps getting an idea of what happened to Kelley.

"No he didn't, the guys who stayed on campus went to play baseball and when they came back they ran inside knowing Kelley was in her room. Zach came just in time, he threw him off just before he could knot and mark her."

"Oh thank god", he sighs in relief.

"Zach proceeded to beat him up and broke his penis, just thought you will like to know that."

"What happens now?"

"Well the guy he's in custody and we are just waiting for the trial. The judge wants it to be over as soon as possible, so the trial will be in two weeks' time."

"Okay, thank you for telling us, we will be there soon"

"You're welcome, and I'm so sorry", Paul says sadly.

"It's not your fault", Dan reassures.

"See you soon"

"Bye", he says and hangs up and puts his head between his hands letting tears fall.

"Honey what's going on?", Karen asks as softly as possible while squatting down in front of him.

Dan retells what the coach told him and now everyone is crying.

"I'm going to buy us plane tickets for San Francisco", the father says.

"Okay, and I'm going to call Christie and Julie", the mother says.

While Dan is booking the tickets, Jerry and Erin are packing, and Karen is calling Kelley's biological parents. She retells the events to them and they are also going to Stanford to support Kelley for the trial and to get through the trauma, asking if Rylie can stay with grandma O'Hara.

A few hours later, the O'Haras and the Rampone-Foudy's are with Kelley and hugging her. They contacted a lawyer for the trial.

—–—–—–