Chapter 8

Wednesday 16th of December 2009 – USWNT camp in Tampa, Florida

Over the past week, the two rookies, Kelley and Alex, started a good friendship. To differentiate between the two new additions on the team and not wanting to call them 'rookie', the veterans call Alex 'Baby horse', and Kelley 'the Kid' or "Squirrel' since they heard Tobin, Cheney, A-rod and Ash call her that. The three teams are getting along and only small fights, mostly about food, occurred. Kelley still doesn't feel the mate bond and Hope doesn't push her to feel it but it doesn't stop her to help her when she needs it or making sure she has everything without being constantly on her back. Hope's teammates and the Cardinals are happy with how Hope treats Kelley when the latter doesn't know they are mates.

On this Wednesday, the USWNT only had field training in the morning. While the baseball and football teams are currently on their way back to the hotel after their afternoon practice.

Kelley, Tobin, Lauren, and A-rod are watching a movie in the cousins' room. While the omegas and betas of the team are in the Heathers' room also watching a movie and the alphas in Barny's and Kate's room some talking, some reading, and some watching the TV.

On their way back to the hotel, Zach has a phone call from a police officer informing him that alpha George, who raped Kelley, escaped prison two days ago and that they suspect that he is on his way to Florida. The football player gets angry because they didn't tell him before but the officer says that they looked everywhere in California until they got a lead that he may have taken a flight out to Florida a few hours ago. As the call ends, the bus is arriving at the hotel. Zach fills in both teams.

As the bus stops in front of the hotel, the guys all run to Kelley's room. Five alphas enter her room startling the people in it. The boys update the soccer players. Kelley is scared and that fateful night comes back to mind. Two of the alphas step outside on the balcony and the three others barricade the door, while Tobin, Cheney, and A-rod are cuddling on the bed to try and comfort Kelley.

In the hallway, half of the Cardinals change into their wolf prepare to attack if necessary while some of the others have baseball bats. Zach, Cole, and Jack stand in front of the cousins' room ready to protect Kelley but also A-rod at all costs.

One alpha from the football team and two baseball alphas run towards the soccer omegas as they can smell they are all in the same room alone with betas. Entering the room, they scare the ladies who scream frightened but the boys don't pay attention to them. They start to block the door with the furniture, then two of them change into their wolfs getting in a defensive stance while the third one has his baseball bat ready to swing. The girls relax a bit when they saw the alphas won't hurt them but scared of what's happening but no one has the strength to ask.

In the alphas' room, hearing the omegas' screams and for Ashlyn feeling that her mate, Ali Krieger, is scared, they all rush out of the room towards their room. Once in the hallway, they are baffled to see all the Cardinals present, half of them in their wolf form and the majority of the other with baseball bats ready to be swing at someone or something. They also notice that Zach is standing protectively in front of Tobin and Kelley's room and Hope and Christie can feel that Kelley is scared. Ashlyn goes towards the Heathers' room and tries to open the door but she can't and hears alphas warning growls. The team approaches the room not liking that there are some alphas in the omegas' room that is barricaded. Then they hear Ali talking and calming the alphas by telling them it's only their teammates.

"Kelley is in danger", Rachel says out of nowhere.

"What!?" the others ask shocked and confused.