Chapter 39

Saturday 25th of December 2010 – Atlanta, Georgia

At 8 am, everyone is in the O'Hara's living room. Under the Christmas tree, there are hundreds of presents so each member has at least one gift. The gifts are being distributed by the children.

Once all the gifts are opened, breakfast is served. During breakfast, the grandmothers and mothers discuss what they will make for lunch seeing as it will be their Christmas meal. While the others talk about what they got, especially the kids, and tell stories and memories.

"Remember when Tobin and Kelley skipped their first class?", Dan O'Hara asks making every family member nod and laugh at the memory. Meanwhile, the daredevil twins groan as this story is often told.

—–—–—–

Friday 16th of September 1994 Atlanta, Georgia

It's early Friday morning, after making breakfast, Karen O'Hara goes upstairs to wake up her pups. After waking up Erin and Jerry, the mother enters Kelley's bedroom, only to find two small bodies instead of one in her daughter's bed. Kelley was sleeping almost completely on top of her cousin, Tobin. Karen, seeing the scene in front of her eyes, can only shake her head. The two pups seem to always end up in the same bed when morning comes even if they both went to bed in their respective home. One of the cousins would always sneak into the other bedroom. Both families don't fight it anymore in the morning but they do try to get them to sleep separately every night. It seems both pups can only get a good night's sleep when sleeping cuddled up together. Both their parents think this sleeping behavior started when they used to nap in the same crib for hours cuddled up. As babies and toddlers, Kelley and Tobin would scream and cry at nap and bedtime until they were next to each other. Then, they would settle down and fall asleep. This sleeping behavior would be harder than thought to break.

Anyways, Karen goes to wake Tobin and Kelley up, which is not an easy task. The mother has to bribe them with breakfast. Once both of them are awake, Karen leaves them to get dressed while she calls Cindy, Tobin's mom, to inform her that Tobin is at her house. Even though both families know their pup is next door, they still call in the morning to inform each other in case one day they aren't.

Tobin borrows some of Kelley's clothes for the day which is not uncommon for the cousins to share clothes. Once both pups are dressed, they go downstairs to join the rest of the O'Haras to have breakfast.

After breakfast, Tobin, Kelley, and Erin get ready to leave the house by putting on their shoes and grabbing their school bag. Dan, then, walks all three kids to the driveway where the school bus will pick them up. There, they meet up with Perry and Katie. Dan leaves the three pups with the two oldest Heaths. Tobin and Kelley keep to themselves a bit apart from the other three.

Once the school bus pulls up, all the kids line up to enter the bus. The two cousins make sure to be seen by the bus driver before waiting for the perfect opportunity to sneak out of the line and in between the houses unseen. Once everyone is on the school bus, or the driver thought, he leaves to finish his round before dropping the children off at the elementary school.

Meanwhile, Tobin and Kelley are running towards their treehouse that's located in the small woods behind their houses. Once they climb into the treehouse, they take off their shoes and sit down on the lounge pugs. Compared to a lot of treehouses, this one was built so the kids could relax, play board games, or watch movies. Tobin and Kelley decided during the weekend that they wanted to skip class to watch movies.