Chapter 5

Monday 7th of December 2009 – USWNT camp in Tampa, Florida

All the players, except Kelley, are in Tampa by the end of the afternoon.

Kelley isn't the only rookie getting her first call up, Alex Morgan also got her first call up. She is currently talking to the head coach, Pia Sundhage, while the rest of the team is in the conference room catching up.

"So Solo, Lloyd... did you guys find your mate?", HAO, Heather O'Reilly, asks.

"Yes", Carli answers.

"Who is it?" "How did you guys meet?" "When?", teammates question over each other.

"Her name is Allie Long, some of you know her, she's played at UCLA and UNC. We met in July, I went to New York one day and she was there. So we got to know each other and pretty quickly we mated. Sorry I didn't tell you guys sooner by I wanted to have a few months being the only one knowing"

"Finally, we are happy for you", Abby says and everyone nods.

"And you Hope", Mittsy asks.

"No", Hope replies sadly.

Hope has been looking for her mate since she was 18 years old and she is now 28. She is a Lycan alpha so she is a stronger and superior and then 'normal' alpha. There are less than 10 Lycan alpha on each continent. The team, except Carli, her best friend, doesn't know she is a Lycan, even though her dominance and power are bigger than the other alphas on the team. But the dominance and power of an alpha vary from one alpha to another. Werewolves can find their mate or mates after their 16th birthday, whereas Lycan can find theirs after their 18th birthday. Moreover, the ruts or heats start after that birthday until the person mates.

She hasn't lost her virginity because she believes she should give herself only to her mate, the love of her life, even if it's hard due to during the ruts.

After catching up more and congratulate the UNC players for winning the NCAA championship, Pia and her staff come in to start the meeting. Alex is waiting outside until the coach will call her.

"Welcome everyone", Pia says, "I hope you all had a nice break and are ready to start camp. First of all congratulation to UNC for winning the NCAA championship."

The UNC players and alumnus holler gaining boos from the other.

Pia laughs at their antics before continuing her speech, "now back to the camp, as usual, you will be rooming with your mate, or I will tell you who you are rooming with and omegas with omegas, same for the alphas. An important matter I have to tell you, in the middle of the week and for at least a week, we have to share the hotel and the conference room and the dining room with two college men team."

"What?!", the players yell, "they will disrespect us", some of the veterans say but Pia isn't sure who said it.

"Yes, and I am pretty sure they won't disrespect us and both teams are from the same uni, so there won't be any inter-college rivalry.", The team sighs in relief before Pia continues "Also as you know we have two rookies", again with the hollers, "before you meet them, I have to inform you that only one of them is here right now"