Chapter 17

Friday 29th of January 2010 – Carson (LA)

It's currently 7:30 am. Christie, Tobin, and Rylie are in the hotel lobby saying goodbye to Kelley. The mother-daughter duo has a plane to Atlanta at 10 am from LAX and the young alpha to San Francisco around the same time to spend the next few weeks with her mate before flying to Portugal for the Algarve Cup.

Rylie is sobbing clinging to her sister because she doesn't want to leave her sister.

"NO! I want to stay with you"

"I know kiddo but I'm going to Hope's home for 2 weeks.", Kelley says.

"Chimpuck, we have to go.", Christie states trying to take her from her oldest daughter.

"NO! I want sissy to come home with us.", the small omega cries out, kicking her legs and putting her head in Kelley's neck.

"Hey hey hey...", Kelley says trying to calm her sister down, "I'll see you in two weeks when we go to Portugal. Mama can't come because mom will be close to giving birth but you will come with me. We will see each other for 3 weeks okay"

"W-will I-I r-room w-with you?", Rylie asks, hiccuping and looking into her eyes.

"Yes, we will, okay?"

"Okay"

"Say bye to Kel, Ry. We have to leave now", Christie tells her daughter.

"Bye-bye sissy", she says, hugging her sister.

"Bye little sis, see you soon", Kel answers hugging her tighter.

After putting her sister down, the omega says bye and hugs Tobin, and tells her to say hi to Christen for her before facing her mother.

"Bye mama", she says hugging her.

"Bye kiddo, be safe", Christie holds her pup closer. "Oh, did you start taking your pill?", she asks.

"Yeah, I started when we went back home after last camp", she replies.

"Good, and don't do it because you have to but because you want to, okay? You know she will wait, yeah?"

"I know, mama but I think I'm ready. Well not now now but maybe in the upcoming weeks. I want it to be natural and not force.", Kelley says.

"I know and I know Hope will wait until you are ready. And she isn't him, okay", Christie states before hugging her daughter one last time before leaving the hotel with Rylie and Tobin.

—–—–—–

After saying bye to her family, Kelley went back to her room to get a few more hours of sleep. She lays on top of Hope completely burying her face in the crock of her mate's neck falling asleep instantly.

It's now 1 pm and Kelley and Hope are at LAX waiting for their flight to Seattle at 2. After waiting thirty minutes, their plane is ready for boarding.

Kelley is wearing her mate's shirt and a sweatshirt to relax her and Hope, knowing the other alphas will know she is taking even though she isn't marked.

After take-off, Hope decides to question Kelley on where she was early this morning because she felt her leave then come back but after a long period of time, that is too long for a bathroom break.

"Baby?", Hope asks, getting her mate's attention, "Where were you this morning?"

"I went to say goodbye to Toby, Christie, and Rylie. I didn't mean to wake you up, sorry", she answers.

"It's okay, I just wanted to make you were okay", she says relaxing at the reply.

During the two-hour-flight, Kelley slept leaning on Hope, while the alpha read her book, with her arms around her mate, to keep her close and safe.