Chapter 13

Monday 11th of January 2010 – Carson (LA)

Hope wakes up to her alarm blasting at 8 am. She had a long night, tossing and turning and waking up almost every hour, missing her mate. She gets ready for the first day of camp. After taking half an hour to get ready because she keeps taking breaks to smell her mate clothes, she goes downstairs for breakfast.

Entering the conference room, Hope notices she is one of the last ones to be in the room. The whole team, except for Kelley, Christie, and Rylie, is present. The alpha goes to get her plate, then sits down at the veterans' table.

"Tired?", Carli asks.

Hope nods, "I kept turning and tossing all night."

After a few minutes later, the remaining three enter the conference room. Kelley and Rylie are still in pajamas because they just woke up five minutes ago. So Kelley is still wearing her mother's clothes.

Hope, having prepared her mate's plate, goes and gives it to her.

"Here", the alpha says handing the plate.

"Oh, thanks", Kelley utters out, surprised by the gesture.

As Hope is about to go back to her seat, she smells a second scent on her mate. She then notices Christie's clothes on her. She starts to get jealous and accidentally lets out a small growl. At the growl, everyone stops eating and talking to look at Hope with concern writing on their faces.

"Why are you wearing another alpha's clothes?", Hope asks her mate.

"What? Are you jealous?", Kelley ripostes, "You don't care if I wear Tobin's or Zach's clothes, so what the difference here?"

"I don't care of those two because Zach is like your brother and Tobin is your best friend and she is mated.", Hope answers.

"Christie is also mated, not to mention with t...one pup and one on the way. So I ask again what is the difference?", Kelley questions, getting frustrated.

"Fine I don't like you wearing other alphas' clothes, having someone's else scent on you", Hope says a bit defeated and still jealous.

"I will wear whoever clothes I want", Kelley replays, getting angry.

"No you won't", Hope almost yells.

Kelley doesn't have time to answer before a very low and dangerous growl could be heard. At the sound, everybody freezes seeing as nobody never ever heard that growl leave Christie, even to scare another alpha getting too close to her mate. Moreover, they all take a few steps back. At the growl, Rylie, recognizing it by already hearing it from her mother trying to protect her, runs to her sister. Kelley catches her scared little sister in her arms and cuddles her close.

Christie is not pleased at all. She goes to stand toe to toe with Hope. The Lycan alpha gulps, scared at how pissed off her captain is.

"What did I tell you yesterday?", Christie asks angrily.

"T-to n-not g-growl at her", Hope stutters out.

"Yes and what did you just do?", the captain questions.

"I-I j-just g-growl at Kel-Kelley", she wavers.

"Yes you did", Christie says poking Hope's chest, "you don't know how mad I am right now but you will soon understand"

Kelley and Tobin share a look, knowing the alpha is going to be suffering.

"W-what do you mean?", she asks.

"Oh now you are talking, I will personally wake you up every morning at 5 am and we will go to the pitch. I will make you run with weights until you can't move anymore and you puke", the mother says.