Chapter 18

Friday 5th of February 2010 – Kirkland

Over the past week, Kelley and Hope had visited Pike Place Market, Queen Anne, Downtown Waterfront, the Seattle Aquarium, and the beneath the street underground. They also went hiking in the surrounding area of the city. The omega loved all the places since she was with Hope at all of them but she preferred the aquarium seeing as she loves the ocean.

—–—–—–

As usual, Hope wakes up before Kelley. She stays in bed reading for half an hour, holding her mate in her arms, as the omega lays on her.

She gently replaces her body with a pillow, before going downstairs to prepare breakfast.

As Hope is making the omelet, Kelley wraps her arms around her mate's waist and snuggles into her back for warmth.

"Good morning baby girl", Hope says, turning the stove off, before turning around to face Kelley.

"Morning babe", the omega says, before pecking her mate's lips.

When the food is ready, Hope places the food on the plates. She brings them to the dining table where she sits down before pulling Kelley down on her lap.

"Hope, what are you doing?", the omega asks.

"What I want to have breakfast with you on my lap", the alpha answers.

Kelley shakes her head and they both start to eat their food. It's a bit difficult to coordinate in the beginning but they soon find a way to eat without bumping into each other.

While eating, they have a conversation about what they could do today. They settle to go on her hike.

—–—–—–

Around 10 am, after getting ready, Hope and Kelley head out for a hike on the East Lake Sammamish Trail.

They walk hand and hand most of the time seeing as Kelley brought her camera. The omega takes pictures of the view to show her family and snaps a few of her mate, some where Hope posing and others when she isn't looking. They mostly trek without talking to enjoy nature and each other presence. With Hope by her side, Kelley can be silent and calm and she feels comfortable with this side of her. She realized, through the last few days, that she doesn't always need to talk to fill the silence. Hope is happy to see that she can bring that side of her mate, where she is calm and doesn't always need to talk and be bouncing off the walls.

They hike for an hour and a half before deciding on a break for lunch. They talk about their youth soccer experiences. The ones from their clubs and high school years but also their youth national camps. Kelley goes on and on about all the pranks she pulled with Tobin during youth national camps and how much they got in trouble for them. Funny enough not by the staff seeing as they never knew who it was even though they had an idea but by Cheney and A-rod when the omega wasn't part of the prank.

After an hour of chatting and eating, Hope and Kelley pack up their picnic before hiking back to the car. They continue to enjoy the scenery by Lake Sammamish while walking hand in hand again.

Halfway back to the parking lot, Kelley's phone rings. She looks at it and sees it's her mom, Julie.

"I have to take this", she states to Hope, before walking away from her mate.

"Hey mom", she greets answering the phone.

"Hi Kel, how are you doing?", Julie asks.

"Good, we are currently hiking around a lake"

"That's nice. I just wanted to know how you were and if you needed help to get ready for your date tonight", the omega mother questions.

"I do need help. Can I call you by Skype when I'm getting ready?", Kelley asks.