Chapter 6

Wednesday 9th of December 2009 – USWNT camp in Tampa, Florida

The team has a lifting practice this morning, around 10 o'clock, then a field training in the afternoon.

Most of the team is at breakfast when Tobin walks into the room skipping and whistling, which is not normal for her because she is not a morning person.

"What got you so happy this morning?", Kristine Lilly questions.

"It's definitely not because of the lifting", Abby says.

"Is it because of what I'm thinking about?", A-rod, Amy Rodriguez, teases.

Tobin smiles even bigger knowing what Amy is pointing at. Everyone who doesn't know the relationship between Kelley and Tobin is confused since they don't know they are talking about the rookie.

"Ah yes, she's coming in today!", Ashlyn exclaims knowingly about her best friend coming.

The team is still confused as to why Tobin is excited for the rookie to come knowing it's not her mate because they are two beds in her room, whereas when the couples only have one bed in their room. So they are expecting to have an alpha rookie, well they think. Ashlyn, Barny, A-rod, Cheney, Casey, HAO, and Christie all smile knowingly and happy to see Kelley.

The team, excluding Christie, A-rod, Cheney, and Tobin and the staff, as well as the world don't know what happened to Kelley two months ago.

—–—–—–

Around 4 o'clock, Pia wraps up practice. The team goes to take a shower before going back to the hotel. Tobin is bouncing with excitement, not tired from running around on the pitch. She got a text from Kelley saying that she is close to the hotel.

Kelley traveled with not only the Cardinal football team but also with the baseball team because both teams have a game against Tampa University. While traveling, she was always in the middle of the groups of athletes and next to Zach, Cole, and Jack at all times. She is also wearing one of Zach's t-shirt and sweatshirts and even one of his coats to have his alpha scent to keep away the unknown unmated alpha.

When the USWNT enters the hotel lobby, they are met with a large group of guys waiting for instructions. They assume it the college teams. The omegas on the USWNT take a step back behind the team's alphas due to the number of unmated alphas in the lobby.

They also notice a young woman in the middle of the athletes and from the looks, they assume it's the rookie because she is athletic and has a US soccer bag and luggage. The ones who know Kelley all smile at her when she looks at them after she recognizes their scent. But the rest of the team are confused because they were expecting an alpha and yet they can smell that this woman is an omega.

After realizing that this omega is the rookie, the veterans get scared for the newbie since she is in the middle of a lot of unmated alphas. When Abby and Kate, two alphas on the team, approach the omega, the college alphas all turn around and tighten their ranks to protect Kelley while growling warnings at the two. Both veterans back up not wanting a fight to break. Christie chuckles trying to hind it, as well as Nicole and Rachel because they know the Cardinal teams protect one and another.

Whereas A-rod, Cheney, and Tobin, 'The New Kids', all burst laughing, confusing the rest of the team.

The three of them start walking towards Kelley, with Abby trying to stop them not wanting them to get hurt. But the trio still makes its way towards Kelley. When they get close to the guys, the team holds their breath waiting to see what's going to happen.