Chapter 9

Hope holds Kelley against her for the first time since she found her mate, a week ago. The couple feels at peace, especially the omega since the fateful night. The Cardinals, Tobin, Lauren, A-rod, and Christie are smiling happily and are relax that Kelley finally found her alpha. While the rest of the soccer players are happy for Hope as well but they are also curious about what happened in the hallway a couple of minutes before.

"Let's go and talk in the conference room", Abby says, wanting to know what occurred.

Everyone gets moving towards the room, with Hope still holding Kelley close to her. The omega doesn't mind since she wants to stay close to her mate feeling loved, safe, and protected.

Arriving in the conference room, everybody sits down, leaving the new couple in the front.

"We are delighted that you guys found each other", Kristine states.

The teams nod and cheer but not too loud.

"I have a question though, O'Hara why didn't you feel the mate pull towards Solo?", Carli asks, knowing her teammates are thinking about the same thing.

Kelley shrugs, only being aware of what the doctors said.

"Is it linked to what happened in the hallway?", Barny questions.

The Cardinals, 'The New Kids' and Kelley look down, not responding. The ladies thus assume there is a connection.

"When the cop told us what the dead alpha did, I'm pretty sure he left out an important piece of information 'cause otherwise why did the guys protected you and attacked him...", Shannon starts before being interrupted.

"What did the man mean by you're his mate?", Pinoe cuts in.

At the notion of mate, Kelley starts to shake until Hope hugs her tighter, not liking someone else calling Kelley their mate.

The persons who know the reason, for the question, still look down, not wanting to answer.

"What the hell happened because not only did Zach killed the guy, but all of you guys including 'The New Kids' relaxed and don't seem phased that he's died.", Shannon asks.

Everyone looks at each other not wanting to tell.

"SO?", Abby demands.

"Promise me you won't get angry and all...", Kelley looks at her teammates and Hope especially. They all nod absently. "Well the man broke in my dorm room saying I was his mate but I didn't feel the mate bond. I tried to push him away but he was too strong for me.", Kelley says while her mate and the others start to get angry. "He then proceeds to rape me.", Kelley whispers but they all heard.

"WHAT!?!", the USWNT players yell.

Hope also pulls Kelley to her to try and calm herself. The omega relaxes seeing Hope isn't pushing her away, since she lost her virginity but not to her.

"That bastard!", Ashlyn exclaims, "did he manage to complete the mating?", she asks worriedly.

Kelley shakes her head. The players sigh in relief.

"How come?", HAO questions.

"I came into the room just seconds before he could knot and mark her. I beat the shit out of him.", Zach says.

"Don't forget you broke his penis, in so many pieces that he couldn't pee without being in pain, don't even think about having sex.", Cole adds, making everyone laugh.

After that, everyone except, Hope, Kelley, Tobin, A-rod, Cheney, Zach, and Christie, leave the room.

"You hurt my best friend, I will kill you", Tobin informs Hope, with Zach, A-rod, and Cheney nodding along with scary glares plastered on their faces.