Chapter 7

Leaving the conference room, Kelley, Tobin, Cheney, A-rod, and Christie all go to the cousins' room.

Inside the room, Kelley can finally hug Christie.

"Hi Mama", she says.

"Hey munchkin", she replies, tightening the hug.

Just as they back away from the hug, there is a knock on the door. They recognize Zach's scent, so they go and open the door to let him in.

As Kelley gets to settle in, they talk about the beginning of camp and random things.

—–—–—–

At the same time, just as Hope and Carli get to their room, the rest of the USWNT team is knocking on their door. And the duo let them in the hotel room.

"Hope tell us the truth...", Abby starts, "is Kelley your mate?", she asks.

"Yes she is", Hope nods, "but I don't get why she didn't notice me or even acknowledge that her mate was in the same room as her.", she says defeated.

Everyone nods thinking.

"Maybe she has a cold", Alex suggests.

"That's what I thought at first but after seeing her she doesn't look sick, but her eyes have pain and a bit a fear in them.", Hope says sadly.

"I agree with you, Hope.", HAO says, "Last time I saw Kelley, it was in late August I think during a UNC vs Stanford game, she had sparkling eyes. But those sparks are not there but she still acts like she is happy and her cherry self."

"What could have happened to have pain but also fear in her eyes?", Shannon asks.

The team starts thinking about different scenarios.

"Can it be that she lost the NCAA final and got ejected from the game?", Casey questions absently.

"No I don't think so", Rachel answers, "she can turn the page on a lost game pretty quick especially if it's against UNC, because of Tobin"

"Why because of Tobin? Who is Tobin to Kelley?", Hope asks.

"They are best friends", Casey answers, "But I think there this more to it, not in a romantic way, but during their first youth camp together, they just seemed to click and the coaches always let them room together, even when we know that alphas and omegas are not allowed to room together if they aren't mates."

The reply let everyone thinking about their relationship.

"Kelley isn't the only one who's feeling down, Tobin, Lauren, and A-rod all have sad eyes too and they don't act like they used to.", Kate observes going back to HAO's comment.

"Wait a minute!", Ashlyn yells, startling the people in the room.

"What?", Hope asks.

"HAO you said, the last time you saw Kel was late August, right?", Ash asks and HAO nods, "and know not only she but 'The New Kids' don't act the same, like their cherry and happy self?", she confirms again.

The team nods.

"What are you getting at?", Abby questions.

"Well in late September, we just finished a practice when Tobin got angry to the point that she hit me and would growl at any beta or alpha getting near her.", Ash starts.

"I remember that day", Casey says, "the only person who could get near her and calm her was Alyssa, she's an alpha, but because she knows Tobin since they were 12, I think, Tobin probably didn't see her as a threat. Then Alyssa got angry at what Tobs told her then they left."