31

The whistle blows, and we're off.
-
-
-

My feet land softly on the ground, and shortly after, I hear Hermione's do the same.

I step out of the fireplace and dust myself off.

I turn to Hermione, whose face is covered in ashes.

Mines probably no better, so I pull out my wand.

"Aguamenti," I whisper, causing a stream of water to shoot out of my wand, and into my hand.

I rub my soaked hands on my face to get the charcoal off, and Hermione casts the same spell, rubbing her face with water as well.

She takes my arm and leads us out of the store we landed in.

We soon arrive at the broom shop where a dim light is shining inside.

"Good thing it's open this late. I was starting to think we might have to break in," I whisper.

She chuckles and opens the door, causing a bell to jingle, signaling our arrival.

The cashier looks up from her book with her eyebrows raised.

"Is that you, Bella?" She asks, shocked.

I recall that she's known me for several years. Since I've been playing Quidditch since my first year, I've gone to her many many times for new supplies and repairments.

"Hi, Ms. Browhurst!" I smile as I approach her.

"What on earth are you doing here, dear? I thought you students could only leave the castle on weekends," she asks suspiciously.

I lean in close and put a sneaky expression on my face.

"We snuck out Ms. Browhurst. I'm trusting you won't tell the school though, seeing as you owe me. Remember?" I whisper.

Her face turns knowing and she nods.

I had remembered that this past year her store had been in danger of closing, so I ran a fundraiser and ended up raising enough for her to pay her store rent for the next year.

"So, what can I do for you two?" She asks.

"Two Nimbus 2000s please," I smile.

Her expression turns perplexed.

"Why are you downgrading from your Nimbus 2001? Didn't the Malfoy's just purchase your team those brooms last year?"

"These aren't for me. Fred and George Weasley's brooms broke so I'm buying them new ones," I shrug.

"Awh, that's too bad. This is very generous of you to do, though. I reckon they would've needed replacements soon enough anyways. I remember polishing the Weasley's brooms this past summer, and the conditions of the brooms were not ideal. Seems as if they were passed down through generations," she says with a hint of sadness in her voice.

These brooms will definitely be an upgrade from their broken ones. I'm pretty sure they were Nimbus 1950s.

Ms. Browhurst turns around and heads towards the back of the shop to find the brooms.

"Ron never lets me buy anything for him. I wish he'd let me help out with his situation, but he always says that he can handle it," Hermione grumbles.

"He's probably embarrassed. I wouldn't push too hard with him because you don't wanna upset him, but you can always surprise him with stuff every once in a while," I shrug.

"What's going on between you two, anyway? Are you guys dating or what?"

Her face heats up, and she looks away, embarrassed.